Why isn't there as much public outrage with the cop killer...

NUance

...as there was for the chokehold death?

AP sources: Cops' killer angry at chokehold death
Associated Press By COLLEEN LONG and JENNIFER PELTZ 8 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — A gunman who announced online that he was planning to shoot two "pigs" in retaliation for the police chokehold death of Eric Garner ambushed two officers in a patrol car and shot them to death in broad daylight Saturday before running to a subway station and killing himself, authorities said.
The suspect, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, wrote on an Instagram account: "I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs," officials said. He used the hashtags Shootthepolice RIPErivGardner (sic) RIPMikeBrown.

The guy announces that he's going to kill cops in retaliation for the chokehold death. Then he walks up to a squad car and murders two random police officers. These were guys with families. They had nothing whatsoever to do with the chokehold death. Where is the public outrage for this? Shorty before he shot the two cops, the guy posted a pic of the silver gun he planned to use. He got two hundred 'likes' for that post. There is something wrong in America today. :facepalm:

I think that it's because they are held to different standards and also because I have little doubt that if Mr. Brinsley hadn't done us the favor of offing himself that he would have been indicted for murder.

Pretty much this. Now if the guy hadn't offed himself and managed to get away without an indictment, I'm sure we'd see plenty of outrage.

Additionally, if a person kills a cop, it's bad, ugly, and horrifically sad. But it isn't overly frightening for the average person. Especially since he didn't get away with it.

Now if a cop kills an unarmed layperson, it's bad, ugly, and horrifically sad. AND it is frightening for the average person, because "Well sh#t, that could be me." Especially since the killer got away without punishment.

Do you mean AL Sharpton has not held a rally protesting the killing of a cop? Well knock me over with a feather.

He's condemned the killings.... but what is there to protest? The killer is dead, no one is trying to vilify the cops that were killed. There's literally nothing to protest.

This just in, some people suck. What's your point, people did the same for Michael Brown. :dunno

Yeah . . . not sure that the Daily Caller's list of tweets from people who may or may not exist is quite the same as significant portions of the public, media, and police forces denying that the killing of unarmed citizens is problematic.