"John Papuchis to go it alone as DC in last game at Nebraska" - AP

Saw this on reddit this morning, hadn't seen any discussion about it over here.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/john-papuchis-go-it-alone-dc-last-game-nebraska

"It never really has been clearly laid out there," Papuchis said. "A lot of people look at the role of defensive coordinator and think that the only role was calling (the game) on Saturdays."

Make no mistake: Pelini was in charge on game days.
Pelini formulated game plans through discussions with Papuchis and other defensive assistants. Papuchis said his primary roles were running player meetings, organizing practices and installing game plans.

Needless to say, the bowl game should be pretty exciting, if at worst just to see what Paps can actually do. What if the defense plays like absolute superstars? I don't expect it, but it would definitely mix things up and give us something to talk about!!

Just think how huge this game is for Paps' career. If we shut down the Trojans, Papuchis comes off looking like the hero. It could propel him into a decent DC position on some other power five team. But if we give up a sh#t ton of points on Saturday night Paps could end up shoveling snow in Duluth. If you consider the career impact over several years this single game could easily be worth a half million $$ or so to Papuchis bank account. Come on Blackshirts, get R done!

I don't expect some miraculous turnaround at all.

I can't force myself to forget the defensive failures of the last few years. Not just poor game planning, game management, and a scheme from hell. Heck, we weren't even a fundamentally sound defense. Tackling has been an issue here for years. We had the same missed assignments and watched teams burn us with the same philosophies over and over. The lack of improvements and adjustments were not only evident in games, but over multiple seasons.

People can't really just absolve Papuchis of responsibility can they? It seems silly. Yes, this was Bo's scheme. Yes, Bo called the plays defensively. Still, Papuchis has been a part of this thing for years. With the title of DC, I would expect he was doing a lot of assisting with all of these things.

I'm ready for the new staff to get in there and change the type of football we've been watching. It's been ugly and hard to watch for me for quite a long time. This coaching era is over Saturday. Finally.

Just think how huge this game is for Paps' career. If we shut down the Trojans, Papuchis comes off looking like the hero. It could propel him into a decent DC position on some other power five team. But if we give up a sh#t ton of points on Saturday night Paps could end up shoveling snow in Duluth. If you consider the career impact over several years this single game could easily be worth a half million $$ or so to Papuchis bank account. Come on Blackshirts, get R done!

DC....no. But could he come out of this game with reasonable position coach offers that are not at YSU....maybe?

Paps and beck seem to really be missing bo dont they? Wow bobo should have been relieved of his duties after 2012.

2012 probably, at least thats when i jumped ship. 2013 absolutely should have been his final stunt. 2014 I think most agree he got two more years than he should have and absolutely 1 more year than he should have.

People can't really just absolve Papuchis of responsibility can they? It seems silly. Yes, this was Bo's scheme. Yes, Bo called the plays defensively. Still, Papuchis has been a part of this thing for years. With the title of DC, I would expect he was doing a lot of assisting with all of these things.

Are you really serious? Have you ever worked for a bad manager that is a control freak? Pap was/is very new to the business and Bo is about the only name on his resume. So being defiant and trying to force things that he wanted would have only put him on the unemployment line.

Let's just wait for Saturday with an open mind. There are two potential outcomes for this game for NU... either they play lifeless and get blown out worse than Wisconsin OR they play with renewed passion and they play an inspired game. I'm betting the former but maybe Bo was really holding the coaches and players back by his poor managerial skills.

• Fire 2

Are you really serious? Have you ever worked for a bad manager that is a control freak? Pap was/is very new to the business and Bo is about the only name on his resume. So being defiant and trying to force things that he wanted would have only put him on the unemployment line.

Let's just wait for Saturday with an open mind. There are two potential outcomes for this game for NU... either they play lifeless and get blown out worse than Wisconsin OR they play with renewed passion and they play an inspired game. I'm betting the former but maybe Bo was really holding the coaches and players back by his poor managerial skills.

Im hoping we see something inspired on Saturday. From experience I know working under a micromanager (as it seems Bo was/is) is demotivating. So, hopefully there will be some motivation to prove everyone wrong one last time.

• Fire 1

I expected nothing less than this 'throw Bo under the bus now that he's gone' crap from his spineless 'yes man' coordinators. Yes, I am sure Bo micromanaged them & made their jobs difficult. Guess what? They could have left & got a different job...they chose to keep working for Bo.

I can't tell who you are mad at, everyone?

Same. I'm willing to guess, judging by his username, that he's mad at the Huskers and the number 88.

• Fire 1