If we lose 4 games, I hope this board

doesnt jump on the "fire riley" bandwagon and go all out anger mode. I honestly do not see that much talent on the Nebraska roster. Qb's are still unproven, Cross/newby are average, Westerncamp is a very good WR but I feel like the others are unproven (pierson el looks legit), cethan carter looks like he'll be a good TE, our returning starters from the oline are inconsistent, our Dline will be good, lb's are still not very good and im not too impressed with the talent in the secondary. I dont know if it was because of the scheme or what but i just feel like we dont have the talent to be only an 1 or 2 loss team. I have a feeling ill come under fire for this opinion but oh well!

This is a joke, right?

Cant spell his name correctly? Westerkamp.

But to answer your question: No, i dont think people will freak out. It takes time to fix things and do things your way. That being said, I dont think they should lose 4 games with the talent they have and the schedule.

Not a cake-walk but should be able to get wins over:

BYU

South Alabama

Southern Miss

Illinous

Northwestern

Purdue

Rutgers

Iowa

Toss up games:

Miami

Minnesota

Losses:

Wisconsin

Michigan State

8-4 at worst

10-2 at best

It depends on the circumstances around the 4 losses.

In general, I agree with the thought. A coach the first year with a program shouldn't be all of a sudden on a hot seat with irate fans because he lost 3-4 games.

However, I remember a couple losses in Callahan's first year that made me pretty worrisome even though it was his first year.

You can't just look at the number of wins and losses and know the story behind the season.

doesnt jump on the "fire riley" bandwagon and go all out anger mode. I honestly do not see that much talent on the Nebraska roster. Qb's are still unproven, Cross/newby are average, Westerncamp is a very good WR but I feel like the others are unproven (pierson el looks legit), cethan carter looks like he'll be a good TE, our returning starters from the oline are inconsistent, our Dline will be good, lb's are still not very good and im not too impressed with the talent in the secondary. I dont know if it was because of the scheme or what but i just feel like we dont have the talent to be only an 1 or 2 loss team. I have a feeling ill come under fire for this opinion but oh well!

This is a joke, right?

Cant spell his name correctly? Westerkamp.

But to answer your question: No, i dont think people will freak out. It takes time to fix things and do things your way. That being said, I dont think they should lose 4 games with the talent they have and the schedule.

Not a cake-walk but should be able to get wins over:

BYU

South Alabama

Southern Miss

Illinous

Northwestern

Purdue

Rutgers

Iowa

Toss up games:

Miami

Minnesota

Losses:

Wisconsin

Michigan State

8-4 at worst

10-2 at best

Did you watch BYU this year? Toss up in my opinion.

Sat, Sept 6

2-0

Sat, Sept 20 Sat, Nov 29

but-why.gif

• Fire 1

Most teams lose a bunch of games first year with new staff. Improvement will follow.

Yep...I remember Ohio State a few years ago...er...wait a second.

Minnesota a few years ago....er....damnit.

Wisconsin a few years ago....er....crap.

I'm not sure which side you're arguing, Minnesota lost 9 games and Wisconsin lost 4 in their coaches first year.

Those were rebuilding projects dvdccrr. Of programs who were pretty much in the gutter in regards to their place in CFB history and expectations of fans and alumni. This is NOT a rebuilding project here. Its already been restabilized to a degree. There is a gods plenty sufficient talent to be successful right away. At the very worst, 4 losses could happen. But in reality, a 10 to 11 win regular season should be a pretty standard expectation.

• Fire 1

Depends on the kids, nothing else. Talent to win the games is there. Is the attitude? How much poison has to be gotten rid of?

I am hoping the kids buy in 100%. Take the coaching they will have at their beckoning. How entrenched is the us against the world attitude, will it translate into instant hatred, mistrust of the new staff?

I think we will be fine, but I certainly do not expect our greatest season. I expect to see kids play the game and do their best, learn from coaching and hopefully develop a healthy attitude for the program to grow.

I can see four losses, just because everything is new to them. I remember how we were going to run though the Big 10 with our team, then it became the excuse that it was a new conference and yada yada. If that was true, it is a new conference for this staff to.

I would like to see a lot less posts about past staffs, because if we hear it here continuously the coaching staff is hearing it to. Positives move you forward, continuously hearing about the past staff can not be beneficial to anyone, but the roaring ahole that left/

Those were rebuilding projects dvdccrr. Of programs who were pretty much in the gutter in regards to their place in CFB history and expectations of fans and alumni. This is NOT a rebuilding project here. Its already been restabilized to a degree. There is a gods plenty sufficient talent to be successful right away. At the very worst, 4 losses could happen. But in reality, a 10 to 11 win regular season should be a pretty standard expectation.

There is no way the huskers win 10-11 games next year with a completely new staff and it is wholly unrealistic, unfair to expect this. The record the first year is not really important. What is important is did they get better through the course of the season. The second half of the season should have better win/loss than the first half.

I want them to win 11 but I also wanted a corvette for Christmas. It aint happenin'

There is no way the huskers win 10-11 games next year with a completely new staff and it is wholly unrealistic, unfair to expect this. The record the first year is not really important. What is important is did they get better through the course of the season. The second half of the season should have better win/loss than the first half.
look at our schedule and circumstances of our opponents. Go ahead. And tell me where you can GUARANTEE 3+ regular season losses. Go on ahead. Ill wait.