If we lose 4 games, I hope this board

Funny thing is the narrative will be...

10 or 11 wins = Riley is next Saban

9 wins = at least he is a nice 9 win coach

8 or fewer wins = look at how much "poison" Bo left in this program (even though Bo himself never won 8 or fewer games)

I think it will be more like...

10 or 11 wins = If Bo had been here, he could have done that with this years shedule, OR this is all Bo's players and talent, etc.

9 wins = Why did we fire Bo again?

8 or fewer wins = FIRE HIM and hire Bo back!

Funny thing is the narrative will be...

10 or 11 wins = Riley is next Saban

9 wins = at least he is a nice 9 win coach

8 or fewer wins = look at how much "poison" Bo left in this program (even though Bo himself never won 8 or fewer games)

With all due respect, there were still people, (myself included at one point, I'll admit) that used this argument in regards to Callahan even as late as last fall. So yeah, youre gonna hear this for a few years, regardless.

I think it will be more like...

10 or 11 wins = If Bo had been here, he could have done that with this years shedule, OR this is all Bo's players and talent, etc.

9 wins = Why did we fire Bo again?

8 or fewer wins = FIRE HIM and hire Bo back!

A post in a different thread got me thinking about this earlier today.

10+ wins: "See the improvement we made in the first year" vs. "these are Bo's players and he could have done the same"

<10 wins: "We got rid of the coaches that were supposedly terrible but still didn't do any better" vs. "It takes some time to fully implement the new system"

For some he may never be good enough. this dream that Nebraska can get any coach they want. We got what was available, wanted to come here. Harbaugh was never coming to Nebraska, no reason for him to even consider it. He was the big splash hire, the rest just seem to be moves.

Mike has a tough road to hoe, no question about it, but he wanted it, left the safety of a life time contract to come here. He has a plan.

When was the last time any big ten team switched complete coaching staff and won 11 games. Go ahead I will wait.

Urban Meyers ?

evil twin of Urban Meyer?

His clone?

Hoke.

But lets be realistic here with the B1G. Most of the schools have not won 11 games in decades. OSU, Mich, PSU, Wisc, MSU and NU are the only ones who historically have a chance, and MSU was a train wreck more often than now before Dantonio. And most of the time getting to 11 wins in year one would mean going +5 or better than the year before they got there, and that generally does not happen in college football.