SIGNED - RB Devine Ozigbo

If this is the prototypical guy they want for RB in Riley's offense, I think we are all going to have to adjust our eyes from expecting an elusive, scatback/all purpose back with top-end speed to a NFL type, run between the tackles, catching balls out of the backfield, and pass blocking.

I could live with that.

Tom, if he's in a different mold from the other RB offers Riley has made, do you think maybe they'll take another in this class? Or unlikely, given the position?

Don't know, for sure. The numbers are pretty tight in this class to take another RB, given the RB depth chart. I would think we are at the point where you take another if you get the right guy, but there is no need, many other positions need better depth.

If this is the prototypical guy they want for RB in Riley's offense, I think we are all going to have to adjust our eyes from expecting an elusive, scatback/all purpose back with top-end speed to a NFL type, run between the tackles, catching balls out of the backfield, and pass blocking.

I could live with that.

Tom, if he's in a different mold from the other RB offers Riley has made, do you think maybe they'll take another in this class? Or unlikely, given the position?

I read on another site that he wanted Nebraska to commit to him being the RB taken in the class, but that could just be a myth so take it for what it's worth
That has to be a joke in reference to the agreement Bo had with Bussey.

Unfortunately, it's not. However, I read it on an Iowa state board as I was doing research the player so as I said earlier I do not know exactly how credible this info is but just thought I'd pass it forward...I am sorry if it is wrong just trying to help:)

There is an article on rivals in which he is quoted to saying they told him he'd be the only RB taken if he committed

I would say that is likely due to class size numbers. It's just an extra selling point that they are utilizing.

Oh I agree and that makes a lot of sense...just figured I better try to find a more credible source than an Iowa state message board to back-up my claims lol

There is an article on rivals in which he is quoted to saying they told him he'd be the only RB taken if he committed

I would say that is likely due to class size numbers. It's just an extra selling point that they are utilizing.

Oh I agree and that makes a lot of sense...just figured I better try to find a more credible source than an Iowa state message board to back-up my claims lol

Also makes sense as they are expected to load up on LBs. Not going to be a ton of offers for some positions with the need to build up the depth there.

One thing I like about this guy is how many screen passes and swing passes I saw him catch. He seems to have great hands and good field vision. His speed can improve with his time here. Excited to have him.

Now we just need to find a qb who can throw them.

His 4.7 was a sparq verified time which means is is a legit time. Means he ran it at a camp. So that would be like a typical high school kid posting a 4.5 40. He looks to have pretty good speed for a big guy. Has food power through arm tackles but will learn how to finish runs. Solid prospect and considerably different from recent targets