GT: Illinois at Nebraska - 7:30PM - BTN

62cM0Ck.pngyTluqZt.pngsUA4TBZ.png

January 11, 2015

7:30pm CT - BTN

Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Illinois Fighting Illini 11-5, 1-2 (Last: 64-57 W vs Maryland)

vs

Nebraska Cornhuskers 9-6, 1-2 (Last: 65-49 W vs Rutgers)

Big Ten Standings

Wisconsin 3-0, 15-1

Maryland 3-1, 15-2

Michigan 3-1, 10-6

Indiana 2-1, 12-4

Michigan State 2-1, 11-5

Iowa 2-1, 11-5

Ohio State 2-2, 13-4

Purdue 2-2, 10-7

Northwestern 1-1, 10-5

Illinois 1-2, 11-5

Nebraska 1-2, 9-6

Rutgers 1-2, 9-7

Penn State 0-3, 12-4

Minnesota 0-4, 11-6

Head Coaches

Illinois John Groce (139-89, 54-33 at Illinois)

Nebraska Tim Miles (326-257, 43-37 at Nebraska)

Injury Report

Illinois

G - Rayvonte Rice - Hand - Out 4-6 weeks

G - Tracy Abrams - Knee - Out for season

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Scouting Illinois

Illinois comes to Lincoln with an 11-5 record and is 1-2 in the Big Ten following a 64-57 win over No. 11 Maryland on Wednesday. The effort was highlighted by a 28-point performance from sophomore Malcolm Hill, as he went 9-of-18 from the field, including four 3-pointers, and 11 points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots from senior center Nnanna Egwu.

Illinois, which went 20-15 and reached the second round of the NIT last season for third-year coach John Groce, had four returning starters, but have been without senior guard Tracy Abrams, who will miss the entire season following knee surgery. The Illini lost a second starter for an extended time, as senior guard Rayvonte Rice suffered a broken left hand earlier this week and will be out several weeks. Rice was Illinois’ leading scorer (17.2 ppg) and rebounder (6.9 rpg) at the time of the injury.

The Illini opened the year with six straight wins, including a 62-54 victory over Baylor in the Las Vegas Invitational, before faltering with three losses in a four-game stretch, including to then-nationally ranked Miami and No. 7 Villanova. In Big Ten play, Illinois lost a pair of road games at Michigan, where the Wolverines came back from a 13-point second-half deficit and won in OT, and at Ohio State before knocking off Maryland in its Big Ten home opener.

Hill is second on the team in scoring at 14.0 points per game while chipping in 5.7 rebounds per outing, while fellow sophomore Kendrick Nunn is at 8.6 points per game, including 44 percent from 3-point range. As a team, Illinois shoots 37 percent from long distance and is holding opponents to under 40 percent shooting.

• Fire 1

No rice is big, but they still beat Maryland. Seems like egwu has been there for a decade. We should have a chance to win tonight

The win over MD was right place/right time...

I will be at the game tonight rooting for my Illini but they simply won't have much of a chance without rice.

Egwu is good for about 5 stupid plays each game

They get no scoring from the PG spot

They have no one that can drive

They are not hitting their 3's.

68-58 NU

Will there be a full house for the game or has attendance dropped from the lousy start?

Good question!

Weather is "okay" but Sunday night games suck...both teams suck...tickets are going for about 20 dollars right now...I am going to guess...2,000 no shows?

Thanks Teacher.......I'm in town today and debating on it.

Will there be a full house for the game or has attendance dropped from the lousy start?

Good question!

Weather is "okay" but Sunday night games suck...both teams suck...tickets are going for about 20 dollars right now...I am going to guess...2,000 no shows?

Thanks Teacher.......I'm in town today and debating on it.

No probs...the start time sucks...Sunday games should all start no later than 6