Tim Beck to Ohio State

Not sure why everyone seems to think Meyer is the best coach in the country?

My uncle joe with a bum leg could coach all that talent to 10+ wins.

lol what is this nonsense

Just saying. Guys good, sure, but best in the country?

Gary Patterson says hello!

The best coaches in the country don't need 5 star talent across the board to be "the best coach in the country"!

Patterson is good no doubt but Urban is a little better.

Patterson is 132-45 in his career. All at TCU

Meyer is 141-26 in his career. Split between Utah, Florida and tOSU.

Patterson started at TCU in 2000 and Meyer started at Utah in 2001.

That is what I have been saying about Riley at NU...

But I have been told more than a few times that Riley getting 7 wins next season would be good.

Meyer is a stud...he clearly had his choice of almost anyone he wanted for this spot and he picked Beck, which says a lot, it might not mean he will be great at OSU but it clearly says a lot that he is the one that was picked.

He's still not the OC for OSU. And we've seen how Nebraska's QBs developed over the last several years.

It is being reported that he is going to be co-oc and QB coach for them. Is taking over for Tom Herman.

If he's not calling the plays, which will likely be done by Warriner, he's not the OC. He's a glorified position coach, coaching a position that he never did very well with at Nebraska.

Has it been confirmed who will be calling plays?

So the same people that say Riley, Langsdorf, Banker, Hughes, Davis, etc.... are questionable hires for Nebraska have now declared Tim Beck a great hire for Ohio St.

Yes, that makes sense.

Well...Meyer is probably the best coach in the country...so it would make sense that he would know what he is doing with his hires and that most of them would not be seen as "questionable" don't you think?
Wow, really?

Because great coaches never make bad hires?

Good luck to Beck, maybe he figures things out, but him being hired by Urban Meyer doesn't suddenly mean he was a God-send here. Our offenses were inconsistent turnover machines that couldn't produce against more stout defenses quite often. Beck will still have to play Michigan St.

I am sure they make bad hires but if you are looking at the track record you would have to assume that most of the time Meyer knows what he is doing, right?

So if we work with that as our baseline it seems like Beck is a good hire, right?

I also thought that statistically NU put more more points and yards vs MSU than most teams.

I agree. Meyer knows what he's doing. Great coach. I bet he has more influence on that offense than Beck will.

I don't see how you can logically say Meyer is good so that somehow equals Beck is good, but whatever, we're gonna disagree. I don't like Beck.

I think we statistically did do better against MSU. If we look statistically at Becks offenses, then the guy is one of the best in the country. When you watched it, it didn't appear so at times. Like I said, very inconsistent.

I think Meyer will have plenty of influence and straighten out those inconsistencies. A better offensive line will and always would have benefited Tim Beck. He'll have that there. He never could get it straightened out here. I've always believed any Offensive Coordinator with a brain in his head would get the offensive line right before anything.

The best coaches in the country don't need 5 star talent across the board to be "the best coach in the country"!

But the talent level is the difference!

Meyer started Utah in 2003 and left in 2004. The WAC. And the Utes have largely held onto their success since.

Basically, record is not the whole story.

Hopefully this helps us land Joe Burrow who was named Gatorade player of the year in Ohio. Not only does it make more sense to come to NU with all of the proven undercalssmen talent that tOSU has at the QB position, now an OC that didn't even know who he was (and wasn't very courdial with him either) when he visited NU on his own dime, is at tOSU. So maybe the incompentence of Bo/Beck's recruting will pay off for us this time. As for Bo, he didn't even have the time to talk to him on his recruiting vist, (we don't need no stinking recruits, espically legacay ones that are not named Cotton) so now we "should" have a real chance with this kid.

Who would you rather learn the QB positon from? A guy who helped Eli Manning to the second best year in his career (in spite of the Giants record) or an OC who didn't even care to know who he was?

• Fire 1

But the talent level is the difference!

Meyer started Utah in 2003 and left in 2004. The WAC. And the Utes have largely held onto their success since.

Basically, record is not the whole story.

You are correct...Urban started at Bowling Green in 2001, not Utah.

The silence from all the experts on here is hilarious. Beck is terrible and will be lucky to find a job. Lol!

He's not calling the plays. He's a glorified position coach. Who cares?

He's just as bad as a QB coach as he is a playcaller...why else would Taylor Martinez pay for a private QB coach in the off season?
Um, because many of the big boy QB's do it?
  • Fire 2