GT: Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin - 8PM - ESPN2

3XvPSRV.pngyTluqZt.pngQUwjfPk.png

January 15, 2015

8pm CT - ESPN2

Kohl Center - Madison, WI

Nebraska Cornhuskers 10-6, 2-2 (Last: 53-43 W vs Illinois)

vs

#7 Wisconsin Badgers 15-2, 3-1 (Last: 67-62 L vs Rutgers)

Big Ten Standings

Maryland 4-1, 16-2

Wisconsin 3-1, 15-2

Indiana 3-1, 13-4

Iowa 3-1, 12-5

Michigan State 3-1, 12-5

Ohio State 3-2, 14-4

Michigan 3-2, 10-7

Nebraska 2-2, 10-6

Purdue 2-2, 10-7

Illinois 2-3, 12-6

Rutgers 2-3, 10-8

Northwestern 1-3, 10-7

Penn State 0-4, 12-5

Minnesota 0-5, 11-7

Head Coaches

Nebraska Tim Miles (327-257, 44-37 at Nebraska)

Wisconsin Bo Ryan (719-226, 336-123 at Wisconsin)

Injury Report

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Wisconsin

F - Frank Kaminsky - Concussion - Probable

G - Traevon Jackson - Ankle - Out indefinitely

Scouting Wisconsin

Under Coach Bo Ryan, Wisconsin has been one of the Big Ten’s best programs over the past decade. Ryan, who is in his 14th season in Madison, has guided the Badgers to 13 NCAA Tournaments, including six appearances in the NCAA Sweet 16 and last year’s final four appearance.

The 2014-15 Badgers have four starters back, including preseason All-American Frank Kaminsky, and have been in the top five in the ranking for nearly the entire season. UW was 15-1 with the only loss coming to No. 2 Duke on Dec. 3 before Rutgers topped the short-handed Badgers on Sunday. Wisconsin won the Battle 4 Atlantis and has wins over Cal, Georgetown and Oklahoma in non-conference play. Not only was Wisconsin without Kaminsky, who averages team-highs in both scoring (16.9 ppg) and rebounding (8.2 rpg), but also lost Traevon Jackson to a right foot injury in the second half. Jackson is expected to miss several weeks of action.

Wisconsin comes into the contest averaging 73.5 points per game while ranking second in the Big Ten in field goal percentage. The Badgers, who lead the conference in fewest turnovers per game (8.3 per game) also boast a Big Ten leading defense, allowing just 54.9 points per game. In addition to Kaminsky, Sam Dekker averages 12.4 points per game while Nigel Hayes is at 12.2 points on 56 percent shooting and 7.1 rebounds per outing.

• Fire 1

Losses come in 2, at least they did for Duke. Nebraska wins this one.

+1ing due to my admiration of your unadulterated optimism

I got faith again. maybe not quite in a win. But something changed that night in Iowa city. I know we got the big guys back and that's a rather big deal to get Pitch back out in his comfort zone, but these last two games there was just more to it than that. There seemed to be extra tenacity and aggressiveness.

Agree! 100%

Great. Hope this doesn't cause some tired kids tonight.

Tough Travel Experience

What's crazy is that about 3:30am I woke up and couldn't sleep. So, as usual, I grab my phone and do some stuff trying to get my mind off of what was keeping me awake. I click on twitter and saw this tweet and thought...WTF...

Nebraska Basketball retweeted

We are here!!! #GBR

B7YY850IIAACOjL.jpg