recruit exposer question

And this is not my son. Just a honest question.

This is one thing that has me baffled. Here in the small town of Baytown right outside of Houston. We have 3 high schools, 1 6A and 2 5a schools. The school on my side has a kid that plays RT. 6'4 330 and is just massive.

We play big schools from Houston and Beaumont area so they play plenty of talent. Couple kids from the area are Bama commits or there already. This kids moves everyone in his way.

Is it 95% on the coaches to get this kid noticed or what. I know the parents can help only so much with camps and what not but what if the family doesn't have the funs to travel that much. He has a hudl video and stuff.

Just surprises me that there haven't been much more about him.

If he's good then he will get noticed.

Not necessarily. Nowadays, it is all about getting noticed in camps. The game has changed from what it used to be. It helps to have a coach that sends tapes to coaching contacts at universities...but camps are how kids get exposure now.

That was my thought. We are in a small town but right out side of Houston. Kid had good grades and all round good kid.

Name?

He posted the kid's highlight film in the 2015 page I think? The kid is good. Like, really good. I liked the film a lot.

Yea that was him. Israel Allen is his name. 1st team All District also. Maybe its due to he is a Jr idk. He has been starting since his Soph year,

Atbone95, did you really like his tape. I was beginning to think I am the only one who thinks he is good.

Name?

He posted the kid's highlight film in the 2015 page I think? The kid is good. Like, really good. I liked the film a lot.

Yea that was him. Israel Allen is his name. 1st team All District also. Maybe its due to he is a Jr idk. He has been starting since his Soph year,

Atbone95, did you really like his tape. I was beginning to think I am the only one who thinks he is good.

He could use some coaching. He stands up immediately out of his stance and loses all leverage. And then, without any leverage, he just throws kids to the turf like rag dolls. I loved it - I agreed with what you said, it doesn't look he's even being coached on proper technique. But the potential is definitely there.

The coach can be a big benefit but the parents need to take the lead.

Way too often HS coaches don't get things like this fine or have personal opinions about a player that unfortunately can limit what they are willing to do for a kid.

Parents can contact college coaches themselves.

If the coach is good,work with him. If he's not. Take the lead and get it done.