500 Mile Radius

Bubak made it pretty clear in the world herald article that he only reached out to ASU when he didn't hear from our new coaching staff for 6 weeks. For all the talk about our new focus on recruiting and locking down local kids, that doesn't look real good.

But that was when our coaching staff was just hired and had very little time to save the 2015 class. The instate coaches have been far more adiment that this coaching staff is head over heels more involved.

If they really didn't contact the kid for six weeks, then that's a grevious oversight regardless of their other responsibilities. Phone calls to all current commits seems like a pretty basic move. If this is the worst mistake these coaches make, we'll obviously be fine. I just think it's funny given all the hype about how polished and organized the new staff is.

That said, if NU is your home town dream school, I don't know how you pass on them, regardless of the lack of communication.

Bubak made it pretty clear in the world herald article that he only reached out to ASU when he didn't hear from our new coaching staff for 6 weeks. For all the talk about our new focus on recruiting and locking down local kids, that doesn't look real good.

But that was when our coaching staff was just hired and had very little time to save the 2015 class. The instate coaches have been far more adiment that this coaching staff is head over heels more involved.

While I get that they were in a rush and busy, it takes 5-10 seconds to send out a text.

While I get that they were in a rush and busy, it takes 5-10 seconds to send out a text.
All he said in the article was he didn't know where he stood for about 6 weeks and began looking around just in case. Then his coach stated Neb has been in regular contact and recruiting him hard. I think he just fell in love with the spread O.

All he said in the article was he didn't know where he stood for about 6 weeks and began looking around just in case. Then his coach stated Neb has been in regular contact and recruiting him hard. I think he just fell in love with the spread O.
Sounds like Bubak was a causality of the coaching change. If the new staff were not preoccupied with the 2015 class, Bubak would not have started looking around.

I remember the Riley staff ignoring most of our commits for several weeks, including the 2015 class, while they were looking for new commits. Also, they waited until the finished there cross-country recruiting tour before recruiting in Nebraska. That strategy worked to land some of our 2015 signees out of state, but it lead to some decommits, which includes Bubak.

If they really didn't contact the kid for six weeks, then that's a grevious oversight regardless of their other responsibilities. Phone calls to all current commits seems like a pretty basic move. If this is the worst mistake these coaches make, we'll obviously be fine. I just think it's funny given all the hype about how polished and organized the new staff is.

That said, if NU is your home town dream school, I don't know how you pass on them, regardless of the lack of communication.

I can agree with this statement.

Sounds like Bubak was a causality of the coaching change. If the new staff were not preoccupied with the 2015 class, Bubak would not have started looking around.

I remember the Riley staff ignoring most of our commits for several weeks, including the 2015 class, while they were looking for new commits. Also, they waited until the finished there cross-country recruiting tour before recruiting in Nebraska. That strategy worked to land some of our 2015 signees out of state, but it lead to some decommits, which includes Bubak.

Isn't Bubak our only decommit so far, or am I forgetting someone else?

We also lost a couple guys from the Class of 2015.

They weren't from Nebraska, though, were they?

No. I don't think anyone said they were. Bussey and Reuben Jones are the two I remember decommitting.

No. I don't think anyone said they were. Bussey and Reuben Jones are the two I remember decommitting.

I guess when I read this:

Also, they waited until the finished there cross-country recruiting tour before recruiting in Nebraska. That strategy worked to land some of our 2015 signees out of state, but it lead to some decommits, which includes Bubak.

It sounded like he was talking about other Nebraska recruits decommitting, not just all the decommits in general. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

When they announced the 500 mile radius goal, I didn't take it to mean day 1 and on we would dominate the area. Rather, they are beginning to lay the ground work in establishing themselves with high schools, coaches, and players(2017+) within said radius in an effort to achieve this goal over the long term. Check back next year and the following for a year for a true measure of our success here.

Also, they waited until the finished there cross-country recruiting tour before recruiting in Nebraska. That strategy worked to land some of our 2015 signees out of state, but it lead to some decommits, which includes Bubak.

It sounded like he was talking about other Nebraska recruits decommitting, not just all the decommits in general. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I was reading it the same way, my mistake.

I don't think Bo every had a Nebraska kid decommit. #RileySucks (sarcasm)