Ron Brown Following Bo to Youngstown

Mavric

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/article_10514c98-85da-55d5-a85e-897e0f50b4a5.html#.VMCSLjn0mWw.twitter

"I know there are people who will say, 'What are you doing going with Bo after all that he did, particularly with that supposedly closed-door meeting with the players?'" said Brown, referring to Pelini's expletive-laced talk Dec. 2 at Lincoln North Star High School, in which Pelini expressed disdain for NU athletic director Shawn Eichorst.

"I don't condone the use of the language Bo used — I'm not condoning that whatsoever," Brown said. "What I am saying is, there was a spirit behind that, and that I've evaluated things for the eight years I've been with Bo."

OK. Best of luck, RB. So many years dedicated to Nebraska football.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/article_10514c98-85da-55d5-a85e-897e0f50b4a5.html#.VMCSLjn0mWw.twitter

"I know there are people who will say, 'What are you doing going with Bo after all that he did, particularly with that supposedly closed-door meeting with the players?'" said Brown, referring to Pelini's expletive-laced talk Dec. 2 at Lincoln North Star High School, in which Pelini expressed disdain for NU athletic director Shawn Eichorst.

"I don't condone the use of the language Bo used — I'm not condoning that whatsoever," Brown said. "What I am saying is, there was a spirit behind that, and that I've evaluated things for the eight years I've been with Bo."

OK. Best of luck, RB. So many years dedicated to Nebraska football.

Are you being a dick or being sincere?

...the hell? People were pissed more for the spirit behind the words than the words themselves. Every time he (Brown) opens his mouth I like him less.

• Fire 7

Sincerely wish him the best. He put a lot into this program and always coached his position groups well.

His comments about the meeting seem a little odd, but it's his call, after all.

I don't wish he stayed, either. I like the incoming RBs coach and if this move is what Ron Brown wants, then Youngstown is obviously gaining a pretty good one.

Brown is loyal to Pelini and may be more comfortable expressing himself there. Makes me wonder if the new staff might feel like they clash with some of his more controversial viewpoints.

Was going to mention the same thing. Considering the off-the-field hot water RB has gotten into for his political views (views that Bo shares to a degree, if I understand correctly), it wasn't shocking that RB did not receive an offer to stay.

And there's no doubt that RB is an excellent position coach--just saying the personal views may have overshadowed the professional ability in this case.

Brown is apparently loyal to Bo. Its his perogative. And respectable. But it reaffirms that the right decision was made. If we want a fresh start, then we need to create a fresh start. And again. If Brown had not coached here with Osborne, we'd want to send him packing as well. Brown's connection to Osborne and the glory days is the only thing that freed him from ctiticism and opened the doors to his actual abilities.

• Fire 4