LJS: Huskers, Riley push to stay ahead in social media game

zoogs

LS: Huskers, Riley push to stay ahead in social media game

They were renovating over the summer, giving the boys in the Husker digital-media department some new office digs. Kelly Mosier, a 32-year-old who you’re probably more connected to than you know, had just one big request: glass walls.

“So people could see what we’re doing inside,” he said. “Because what we do is so insanely public.”

You’ve already likely been peering through the glass without even realizing it.

Also from Mosier:

-He's the guy who posts most of the @Huskers tweets, but there's a whole team behind that effort

-At 186k followers, @Huskers is #2 in the country behind Georgia

-Nebraska "one of first schools" to dedicate department to social media

-Hat tip to AD Shawn Eichorst for supporting the efforts

-Mentions Riley is "much more" involved and on board with the idea than previous coach.

As if this wasn't already apparent, but this is (another) cool look into the new-age Huskers online effort. Good piece by Brian Christopherson.

I thought you were his boss, being the landlord and all!!!

You just get the idea, you would like him. He seems genuine, fits the Nebraska image for me. So glad he is here, attacking this recruiting idea. Hope it pays off for him and Nebraska. We need it to.

I have high hopes for this staff, all of them. I haven't been this hopeful since Bill Callahan came to town.

I supported BC till the day he left, too loyal to the DC. A change there, things could have been different. He was getting into the talent he had recruited. I always liked the guy, very friendly, positive. In some respects similar to the past staff, not ready for big time college football and all that goes with the title Head Coach. Never have understood the hate for the guy. He tried, he failed, happens every day in real life. I wished him well. The last one not so much.

I supported BC till the day he left, too loyal to the DC. A change there, things could have been different. He was getting into the talent he had recruited. I always liked the guy, very friendly, positive. In some respects similar to the past staff, not ready for big time college football and all that goes with the title Head Coach. Never have understood the hate for the guy. He tried, he failed, happens every day in real life. I wished him well. The last one not so much.

The hate was two fold. First, he didn't win enough games, even against bad teams. Second, he was tied to the Steve Pedersen debacle, the shunning of former players, pulling down of pictures, and all the other shenanigans. Even if he didn't have a direct hand in it, he's part of that era.

• Fire 1

The hate was two fold. First, he didn't win enough games, even against bad teams. Second, he was tied to the Steve Pedersen debacle, the shunning of former players, pulling down of pictures, and all the other shenanigans. Even if he didn't have a direct hand in it, he's part of that era.

If he didn't have a direct hand in those other things, then why the hate? Its not his fault Pedersen was a bad AD.

If he didn't have a direct hand in those other things, then why the hate? Its not his fault Pedersen was a bad AD.

I should rephrase that saying he didn't act alone. He was still complicit.

• Fire 1

Do you feel like the social media is sometimes too much?

I mean, it's great, but it's a lot of stadium photos, goofy inspirational posters, and perhaps a bit overdone for my taste. I like the part where they show a coach at work or thr players lifting, etc. Just not all the filler.

I get you there, but that's how to best connect to recruits, generally. They love those things. And that's who it's really for.