do you think neals dad overreacted?

Let's face it, Mattison was righ. You have to have a 4.0 GPA, top 10 in your class and an high act score in order to get accepted into Michigan. Neals only way to get into Michigan would be by a football scholarship and that's not saying Neal is dumb! A lot of smart people don't get accepted at UM. Regardless, I think neals dad misinterpreted how Mattison said it.

• Fire 2

In 2010, the average gpa for admitted students was 3.8 (according to a U of M website). That means that there were probably some students with gpas of around 3.5 accepted. Maybe even lower for a few. I don't know.

http://alumni.umich.edu/learning/college-admissions-faq

I think I would be pissed if I told that I was only getting in because of football. Like someone else said, it kinda implies that they bend the rules for football players. It probably had a lot to do with the way that it was said.

Anyway, their goof is to our benefit. I'm good with it. :)

Black, every major football program bends the rules for football players!

Yeah, I'm sure that's true.

On the U of M website, I found the requirements for transfer students. It mentioned a 3.0 to 4.0 and at least a B average. They even have a provision for home school students. I don't know why they would let a transfer student in with a 3.0, but not a freshman. Seems odd.

I don't think Neal's dad overreacted one bit.

If a coach from a high caliber football program such as Michigan came into my house and insult my son who has no acedemic issues with that statement, I going to react the same way.

Neal wasn't having any acedemic problems so making that statement was the dumbest thing anybody could've said.