Who's Leaving?

Mavric

OK....I find it interesting that they say..."Won't be with team this year".

Does this mean he is still in Lincoln and possibly can't play because of problems still with his knee? Possibly returning next year?

It's just interesting that it's worded like it is.

Edit after reading above post.....or academic issues.

Always had high expectations for Santos. He showed some flashes at time. But at other times he just looked either a tad slow or lost out there. Still remember how great he played in the Miami game before he got hurt.

That LB Corps is gonna have to grow up in a hurry, or the D is going to be ROUGH.

Just testing Bray to see if he should get that raise everyone wants to give him due to his recruiting prowess. If he can give us serviceable LB play next season, he'll get a nice bump in pay.

Wow....Santos was a big surprise to me.

I still think a walk-on or two is going to have to step up and provide depth at LB.

IIRC four incoming freshman LB's have arrived on campus for summer workouts and we have about 9 total. The coaches will probably be relying on a couple of them to provide that depth on top of any walk-on possibilities. The tough blow is Santos' experience having played in almost 20 games.

I, too, find the wording of Santos' departure intriguing. That could mean he's just done with football, still weighing some options or academic related like some people have speculated. But, you would think if it was injury related (like it was for Blake Lawrence years ago) they'd just come out and say why he's leaving.

Not surprised here. There will be more.

I'm curious to hear this come out. With Tolbert it makes sense considering he has had a couple strikes with drugs and seemed to get into some trouble. With Alexander it makes sense since it appears he had gotten caught and suspended for using steroids last fall with Pelini. I also remember Mike saying something in the spring along the lines of Leroy having to show he had changed. For some reason I felt like there had been more than steroids going on with Alexander. Santos is the puzzle to me...now I know a while back there was a party and his name had come up after an incident at that party. There are rumblings on the board about academic issues as well. It sounds like his injuries coupled with some of the other stuff could have either caused him to decide to put the towel in for football or it could have led to he and the new staff not seeing eye to eye.