This is why it's hard to keep up with SEC teams

(Alternate thread title: Why we recruit out of state so much.)

It's shocking how many talented recruits some of the southern states have. I mean, everyone knows about Florida. But who would've thought that the state of Georgia has thirty-six recruits ranked with either 4 or 5 stars. And several times that many three star recruits. Just click on the Rivals link below and search on Georgia and then Florida (and then Nebraska). How could a team like Georgia or Georgia Tech *not* put together a top five class from that? (And how could Georgia get beat by the likes of Nebraska in the Gator Bowl? LOL)

Number of 4* and 5* recruits per state:

• Georgia: thirty-six 4* and 5* recruits from high schools and Jucos in Georgia
  • Florida: fifty-seven 4* and 5* recruits from high schools and Jucos in Florida
  • Nebraska: zero 4* and 5* recruits from high schools and Jucos in Nebraska

Rivals database search page: LINK

• Fire 1

Compound that with the number of players they sign, look at the last four classes

Bama 99

Georgia 99

LSU 93

Auburn 92

Florida 95

Tennessee 100

S Car 98

Ol Miss 98

Arkansas 101

Nebraska 85

I Know that they over sign but this is the first time I have seen the numbers posted like this. So will they basically cut ten or more players to get down to the limit after they see who signs?

Compound that with the number of players they sign, look at the last four classes

Bama 99

Georgia 99

LSU 93

Auburn 92

Florida 95

Tennessee 100

S Car 98

Ol Miss 98

Arkansas 101

Nebraska 85

I Know that they over sign but this is the first time I have seen the numbers posted like this. So will they basically cut ten or more players to get down to the limit after they see who signs?

Potentially, but not necessarily when you factor in players leaving early for the draft, JUCO players, and attrition (players who transfer/quit).