Better Call Saul

I really like that they're getting everything neatly tied into Breaking Bad. It doesn't seem like there is much more room between BCS and BB before they'll have to introduce Walt and Jesse in BCS.

There are quite a few ways I think it could go. They could just end BCS when Walter shows up the first time to see Saul. They could overlap the shows but approach it more from Saul's perspective. Probably many other options. How do you all think it will go?

We talked a little bit about this (page 2 I think), and that was one of the conclusions. Another was to take it to present day and find out what happens to him during the Cinnabon years.

Thanks. I'm all caught up on the discussion now. It never fails to bite me in the ass when I jump in without reading the whole thread.

I hadn't considered that they may run with Saul's current Cinnabon life. So far when they have portrayed his current day it's just seemed so drab and boring but I'm sure they could change that up if they desired. My guess would be that, if they go there, it will be in snippets or after they have played out any overlap with BB.

He deserves to have a sucky life (even though he's so likable) but it's still really sad seeing him like that. I'd prefer if he could go out with a bang.

That's really the only reason I want them to end it with something happening in the present.

I think it is more likely that it will end with Walt walking into his office or that first meeting in the desert.

One thing with the timeline though, he told Walt and Jesse he had been married. Also Mike is just starting with Gus now. By BB time he had what seemed like long-trusted guys working for him. I feel like it's several years before BB still. But as far as character development he does seem to be getting close to his BB self.

Yeah its still about 6 years before breaking bad. I saw something in the show the other day, maybe Kims paperwork that said 2003? I think BB starts in 2009. After our discussion about their ratings the other day, I looked into it more. They still havent renewed it for season 4 which concerns me and the ratings really are not that good. I hope this show goes until they get to BB years but I really doubt it. Maybe like a netflix or hulu will pick it up if AMC pulls the plug. The producers and audience deserve a conclusion to the story.

BCS is already on Netflix, I think. If AMC declines to renew next season, I'd bet anything that Netflix will pick it up. After all, BCS goes hand-in-hand with Breaking Bad. BB was just so-so up until about season three. And it turned out to be one of the most successful TV series evar. :lol:

Chuck

Had the law, a brother, and his sanity (in his mind) when we started the series. He lost all 3 of those.

He was a total a-hole so it's been hard throughout the series to feel sorry for him but that was really hard to watch

Kim

Is she having some kind of breakdown? I know she put a ton of work into those papers and had a traumatic experience but she seems to be reacting badly to that even given those things.

The theory on her getting hooked on meth - that would be interesting. That would mean Saul would probably think he killed his own brother and led to his woman's demise. I find it hard to imagine even he would help people in the meth business if this was the case though.

Lastly, I don't normally admire women's butts, but Kim's is basically the goal-butt.

• 3 weeks later...

Amen! There is so little worth watching on TV or even movies anymore. The last decade or so has been awful really. The 'reality' stuff is so unrealistic it is just play bad. Commerical breaks run so long there are sometimes as many as 16 ads piled up at any one time and the repetition during the course of a day can be sickening.

I think the over saturation of the television and movie viewing marketplace by literally hundreds of channels and niche marketing with a channel for virtually any particular thing or subject has basically undermined the entire industry. The result has been a race to the bottom and the least cost approach to producing shows and etc. The utter lack of creativity and intelligent writing is overwhelming. When you have a TV series called "Shooter" for exmaple than takes a dozen or so hour long episodes to retell the story and plot of the Mark Wahlberg movie of the same title, it is so indicative. While the filming and so is decent in the TV series, the fact that the simply regurgitate the same plot over and over again is just BAD.

How many remakes of he remakes of the remakes and the sequels and prequels and off shoots and spin offs can we all take before we do just turn the TV off. ? i believe that the number of television sets sold and the number off sets in use are actually now going down and have been for several years. This, despite the ever growing population and aging thereof. Ultimately this same phenomena will likely play out in the on line and computer and even the phone use realms as well. There is a level of burn out and fatigue that follows the 'binge' use of any product I suppose. There is also the prospect of whatever the next 'phase' will be as we move from one latest trend and or fad to the next and then the next. And the duration and intensity of these phases will continue to be more exagerated and higher and shorter. Much like a junkie looking for an even higher high and needing the next 'fix' even sooner, until ultimately an overdose does him in altogether.

I think sports broadcasting is on the same cyclic path as well as ESPN is on the way down and out and the overload of channels, games, types of sports etc simply overloads the market. There is a glut of supply and a slackening of demand which we all know means lower prices and eventually losers fall out of the competitive race. Survival of the fittest (most competitive) is a natural and normal and 'good' aspect of free markets and capitalism. We all benefit from unfettered free and fair and open competition. But during periods as we have been experiencing in the past decade or longer of very weak growth or even worse economic conditions, the numbers of new and ill prepared and ill equipped entrants into various markets create excess competition and can be harmful to the entire market in the long term.

• 2 months later...

I rewatched Breaking Bad with my mom recently. I always noticed that Marie really liked purple. Almost everything in their house is purple and she wears it a lot.

But this time I paid attention every episode and every outfit she wore was purple. Except the outfit she wore on the day of the shootout scene. She wore black that day before anything happened.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 year later...