Gym Pet Peeves

Stumpy1

• 7 months later...

There is an irritating dude at the gym the last few times. Every lift of every set ends with a loud groan as if he was the only one in the room. I saw him for the 2nd time on saturday and he left the lifting room before I did. When I got to the locker room he was playing his rap music on his I Phone and failed to acknowledge I was only 3 lockers down. He sat looking at his phone as it played "music" and never did look up.

• 1 year later...

There is an older guy who has been coming to the gym for quite awhile.  I think he was really heavy at one time but has maybe lost 75 pounds.  I think he became a disciple of the dufus I mentioned a few posts above because now when he is on the treadmill he wears his earphones,  has the treadmill tipped to an outrageous angle while he talks to himself.  He says stuff like "Come on.....pick it up.  Don't be a slacker.  Keep going!  Push it!"  What a day to forget my phone so I had to listen to him.

12 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

There is an older guy who has been coming to the gym for quite awhile.  I think he was really heavy at one time but has maybe lost 75 pounds.  I think he became a disciple of the dufus I mentioned a few posts above because now when he is on the treadmill he wears his earphones,  has the treadmill tipped to an outrageous angle while he talks to himself.  He says stuff like "Come on.....pick it up.  Don't be a slacker.  Keep going!  Push it!"  What a day to forget my phone so I had to listen to him.

That guy is stealing the stuff I say when I make whoopie...or take a dump.

• Plus1 1

Yup.  Not that much hip hop, she does more Salsa from what I can tell.  She used to be there every Tuesday around 9 and I taped her maybe 5-6 times from afar.  I tried to run next to her once on a treadmill and her gait and movements absolutely throws you off.  She put a lot of miles on and had fun - I kinda admired her.  And I was shocked that I was the only person that seemed to watch her.

Edited by NM11046
  • Plus1 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, HuskerClassOf95 said:

People that wear sunglasses in the gym. 

There is a guy that comes into the fitness center with his girlfriend and as she works out,  he sits on a bike and casually pedals, looking at his phone while wearing sunglasses.   He is always in jeans and wearing a winter coat.  

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 1:04 PM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

There are plenty of dudes out there at the gym though, and every gym has them, where it's completely obvious that the guy is skipping leg day every week. Just seen one last week, his legs were skinny as hell, but his upper body was huge! Oh, and he also rubbed baby oil all over his arms so everyone could see him. Give me a break man............. eyeswear2allthatsholy

I took a year off from lifting and started back up at the beginning of the year and its crazy how bad this epidemic has become.  We have MULTIPLE guys come in and do nothing but upper body every workout.  

I usually squat and/or DL 3x a week because 1) They are 2 of the best overall lifts you can do and 2) I love the way I feel after doing the them.  Anyways,  these guys are usually in there when I am and last week,  one of them made a comment to me about how I tend to squat or DL every workout.  He said he has no desire to work legs because they don't help him look good with a shirt off.  I told him that not doing legs makes him look funny in shorts though.   He must have switched times coming in because I haven't seen him since.  

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

I took a year off from lifting and started back up at the beginning of the year and its crazy how bad this epidemic has become.  We have MULTIPLE guys come in and do nothing but upper body every workout.  

I usually squat and/or DL 3x a week because 1) They are 2 of the best overall lifts you can do and 2) I love the way I feel after doing the them.  Anyways,  these guys are usually in there when I am and last week,  one of them made a comment to me about how I tend to squat or DL every workout.  He said he has no desire to work legs because they don't help him look good with a shirt off.  I told him that not doing legs makes him look funny in shorts though.   He must have switched times coming in because I haven't seen him since.  

I never got into legs, I hated it.