SI.com: How social media is shaking up recruiting

zoogs

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/16/recruiting-social-media-punt-pass-pork

No Nebraska in this article, but a lot of interesting coverage on what other schools are doing. "Players like infographics" -- so schools are hiring graphic designers. And rules that protect poor schools, who don't have the resources to print fancy stuff en masse, don't apply to the digital medium.

Snapchat is still banned, though:

The NCAA still forbids coach-recruit communication on Snapchat, the this-message-will-self-destruct-in-10-seconds network. Thats fine with Dudek. I dont want to see a 10-second picture of any recruitever, he said. That just opens bad doors.

:lol:

• Fire 1

I'm surprised nobody responded to this yet ;)

I like that DONU is closer to the front on this but the "digital loophole" is really pretty scary. As an extreme example - digital/virtual currency. Lot of ways to route untraceable benefits through this & skirt state/ncaa rules. Yet another area where the NCAA needs to be progressive but can't get out of it's own way. Very interesting for sure