Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12365950/nebraska-cornhuskers-coach-tim-miles-bans-players-team-facilities-blowout-loss-iowa

Following his team's 74-46 home loss to Iowa on Sunday, Nebraska coach Tim Miles has blocked his team's access to its locker room and lounge. He has also banned players from speaking to the media.

Nebraska, an NCAA tournament team last season, has lost five in a row and seven of its past eight games.

"If we're not going to play with pride, play to represent our fan base and our university better than we did today, then they'll get their voice back when they earn it," Miles wrote to ESPN.com via text message.

MIles said the bans on locker room access and media interviews will continue for an undetermined amount of time.

Good job coach. Not an easy thing to do, but when the team is not getting the message things like this become necessary.

This is a pretty clear sign that this team has lost its way. Sad that they don't respect Miles or themselves enough to not be in this position. A clear lack of respect all around.

Good job coach. Not an easy thing to do, but when the team is not getting the message things like this become necessary.

This is a pretty clear sign that this team has lost its way. Sad that they don't respect Miles or themselves enough to not be in this position. A clear lack of respect all around.

Total Agreement......

There's got to be a reason that Miles thinks this will get their attention. If he didn't think so, I'm not sure why he'd do it. Of course, this only means he has probably already done other things that weren't so "public knowledge". The guys aren't listening.

I've seen multiple people here question the teams work ethic, passion and commitment. You can't tell me the players haven't heard it. When their own coach has to publicly call out their pride and passion, that tells you there's a huge problem. To me the lack of response on game day from the players is pretty telling. What kind of competitor has their heart and their pride questioned and not do anything to fight back or shut down the questions? Where is the fight? Almost every time we see this team the questions only grow.

Need to shoot those zones to pieces. Our % isn't very good, so they can sit back in that 2-3 or match up, while we build a brick house or throw it away. Last year vs Wisconsin and msu, pettaway and a couple others got hot and we were a threat all over.

Defensively, I appreciate how he likes man, but we're lazy, we reach, foul on shots, neglect helpside, and box out about half the time. Defense is all about effort, and they don't show much. Oh, and our transition d is bad. Basically everything you don't want to happen is happening. I believe he's doing everything he can to turn it around

I am sick of the team playing with no emotion.

I hope Miles doesnt lose this team, he seems desperate to get this turned around... Miles has tried everything and isnt working.

Exactly...he has no answers at all right now...this is a team with 4/5 starters back that made the dance and since the Big Ten Tourney they are 13-16. He is at a loss...he doesn't know how to coach them out of it right now so he is tossing it on them, it could end up being a brilliant move. It could also totally backfire and the team will look even worse, but, at this point, that doesn't matter all that much.

You can't make the ball go in the hoop for them.

This is the reason teams are sitting back in zone and out rebounding us as well. To force a team out of the zone and make them man up and play the perimeter, you have to make perimeter shots. We aren't making any. If we were, it would force the opposing defenses to tighten up and come to the perimeter a bit. Instead, there's nothing inside, no open lanes and anytime we try to force it underneath we seem to turn it over.

Unless Nebraska starts making a shot, it's not gonna change.

Without absolving Miles of any fault, I'd say that he needs to start benching players that aren't rotating the ball around during possessions and are jacking up ridiculous three point attempts instead of finding an opening for at least a closer jumper.