Signed - LB Quayshon Alexander

Of course, I don't really get kids these days with how they decide to go where they go, but he has to be pretty damn happy to not be part of that Rutgers recruiting turd I would think. That place is gonna be a mess in athletics for awhile I have a feeling.

Linebackers coach Trent Bray: “He's going to play linebacker for us. He brings size and speed, that combination of the two. And the ability to rush the passer, which is an area we need to improve at the linebacker position.”

Defensive coordinator Mark Banker: “He's a big, physical guy. … He's a hybrid. He did drop in coverage at times, but what we really liked about him was his ability to come off the edge and rush the passer. At the same time, he was kind of a tweener size-wise — a guy that could put his hand on the ground but had the ability to go play linebacker.”

OWH

Maybe something to think about before people jump in with "parents should stay out of it and just let the kids go where they want."

But moments after announcing his decision, Alexander walked away from center stage and made his way to his mother, Karla Alexander, who was sitting in her wheelchair in the middle of the DePaul conference room.

Shortly after, the massive football standout hugged her, sat next to her and broke down.
Quayshon Alexander couldn’t hold it in anymore. The young man, who plans on body slamming men in the WWE after college, melted in his mother’s arms.
“It just kind of hit me that this is all happening and I’m going to have to leave her,” said Quayshon Alexander, who chose the Cornhuskers over Rutgers, Pitt, Indiana and many others. “This is a big ceremony and it was getting late this morning. I wasn’t sure she was going to be able to make it. When I saw her come in, I was really happy.”
There’s more to this than a high school kid realizing he’ll be leaving his family behind in the coming months. Thousands of seniors do this across the country each year.
In Quayshon Alexander's case, though, things are a little different. His mother means everything and her health is his priority. A few year’s back, Karla Alexander’s health took a turn for the worse. She spends her time in a wheelchair, battling several issues, including heart failure. Less than two years ago, the mother of six also had her first spine surgery.
Karla Alexander's health reached such a low point, that her son Kiy Hester, one of New Jersey’s top 2014 recruits, transferred from Miami to Rutgers so he could be close. Hester has been a monumental help for the family since returning to New Jersey, Quayshon Alexander said.
And that help will continue to be needed in the coming months. Karla Alexander is finalizing plans for a hip replacement. After that, once healed, she’ll need another spine surgery. Both procedures have been put on the back burner.
But, why wait?
“She doesn’t want to miss any of the big moments,” Quayshon Alexander said. “She’s going to have to go into a rehabilitation center after her hip replacement. My mom told me she didn’t want to miss any big life events. That’s why she was able to make it here today.”

Link

Maybe something to think about before people jump in with "parents should stay out of it and just let the kids go where they want."

But moments after announcing his decision, Alexander walked away from center stage and made his way to his mother, Karla Alexander, who was sitting in her wheelchair in the middle of the DePaul conference room.

Shortly after, the massive football standout hugged her, sat next to her and broke down.
Quayshon Alexander couldn’t hold it in anymore. The young man, who plans on body slamming men in the WWE after college, melted in his mother’s arms.
“It just kind of hit me that this is all happening and I’m going to have to leave her,” said Quayshon Alexander, who chose the Cornhuskers over Rutgers, Pitt, Indiana and many others. “This is a big ceremony and it was getting late this morning. I wasn’t sure she was going to be able to make it. When I saw her come in, I was really happy.”
There’s more to this than a high school kid realizing he’ll be leaving his family behind in the coming months. Thousands of seniors do this across the country each year.
In Quayshon Alexander's case, though, things are a little different. His mother means everything and her health is his priority. A few year’s back, Karla Alexander’s health took a turn for the worse. She spends her time in a wheelchair, battling several issues, including heart failure. Less than two years ago, the mother of six also had her first spine surgery.
Karla Alexander's health reached such a low point, that her son Kiy Hester, one of New Jersey’s top 2014 recruits, transferred from Miami to Rutgers so he could be close. Hester has been a monumental help for the family since returning to New Jersey, Quayshon Alexander said.
And that help will continue to be needed in the coming months. Karla Alexander is finalizing plans for a hip replacement. After that, once healed, she’ll need another spine surgery. Both procedures have been put on the back burner.
But, why wait?
“She doesn’t want to miss any of the big moments,” Quayshon Alexander said. “She’s going to have to go into a rehabilitation center after her hip replacement. My mom told me she didn’t want to miss any big life events. That’s why she was able to make it here today.”

Link

Hopefully gives a different perspective to some of the posters on here

• Fire 1

But, why wait?

Link

Hopefully gives a different perspective to some of the posters on here

Well said.

Life is so much bigger than football.

But, why wait?

Link

I don't think this is why people get on the parents. At least not me. I would be talking more about parents who are fine, healthy, no problems, but don't let their kids follow their hearts. Hell, this lady is sick and I'm sure deep down wanted him to stay close, but she let him follow his heart anyway. This is not an instance I would be mad at parents.

But, why wait?

Link

I don't think this is why people get on the parents. At least not me. I would be talking more about parents who are fine, healthy, no problems, but don't let their kids follow their hearts. Hell, this lady is sick and I'm sure deep down wanted him to stay close, but she let him follow his heart anyway. This is not an instance I would be mad at parents.

Now that you know that, sure.

But I've rarely seen people wait to find out the entire story before they start in on the parents.

• 2 months later...

• 2 years later...
On 5/12/2015 at 12:46 AM, jsneb83 said:

"My mom isn't too onboard with it - but I think it's because of past recruiting woes because of my brother (Kiy Hester) transferring from Miami back to Rutgers - so she just wants me to make sure it's the right decision for me," he said. "Personally I really feel like it's something I want and I'm not going to back out of and I'm going to talk to her about it and try to get her on board."

"I'm hoping it could be within the coming days to be honest," he said. "I'm just that pumped about Nebraska. That's the place for me. I've never been so confident about something before. I really do feel like it's going to come to pass."

Maybe momma knows best...too bad for Quayshon that things aren't working out. If his academics are in order (and if he still has the passion to play), I wonder if he looks to transfer to Rutgers like his brother.

• Plus1 1