Riley on Quarterback Competition

Mavric

This staff will recognize who needs to be on the field at QB and who doesn't. I agree, it could be really interesting. I'm curious to hear the initial evaluations and to see the movement on the depth chart. Not just at QB but everywhere really. Stanton is obviously a guy that could make a push in the QB race but some of the local media has also thrown A.J. Bush's name around as the best "pure passer" of all of them. That may count for something in this offense. Who knows? Maybe there's a guy in there right now who hasn't really gotten much of an opportunity up to this point and is just ready to take advantage of this fresh start. Now is the time, that's for sure.

3 guys: Armstrong, Stanton, Bush?

I really want to see this guy play. I know this sounds stupid since never saw any action, but just warming up before games he looks like a natural college quarterback. The guy just looks smooth, kind of reminds me of Cam Newton.

I really want to see this guy play. I know this sounds stupid since never saw any action, but just warming up before games he looks like a natural college quarterback. The guy just looks smooth, kind of reminds me of Cam Newton.

Doesn't anyone think Ryker Fyfe will be in the mix somewhere? He's taken the next most snaps, hasn't he?

Doesn't anyone think Ryker Fyfe will be in the mix somewhere? He's taken the next most snaps, hasn't he?

He's not the hot name though. Just from listening to a few things Ganz said on the radio makes me think the top 3 are going to be Armstong, Bush and Fyfe. Stanton has the big name, but I remember Ganz saying something to the effect he takes more study time with the playbook to get it down that the other guys do. Which I think will hurt him learning a whole new system. Armstrong has the game experience, and sounds like he just about lives in the football facility. And Bush is the one that seems to have more buzz than anyone else from people who have watched practice.