Are we off to a slow 2016 recruiting year?

New staff. New thoughts if position/personnel emphasis. Re-evaluating offers/evaluating new prospects. Building in roads and relationships. Things take time. Keep great contract with current prospects, especially Brokop, and fight like hell to get kids in for junior day, spring game, any other unofficial visits and things will be fine.

• Fire 1

Question on the title.

We are in the 2016 recruiting year....aren't we?

I'm not worried at all with having the few recruits we have. I'm not even going to get too worried if by June we are sitting about the same way. It would be nice to have a few more. But, it's not something to get alarmed about.

Correct
  • 2 months later...

We are were we always are. Top 35-40 by number of commits and individual commit ranking. Top 25-30 by average commit ranking. As a team that has a goal of competition for conference championships, we are in the ballpark but not quite there. For national champions, we are definitely off the mark.

The perception of the recruiting class can change quickly, if we can pick up a handful of impressive recruits at critical positions. Too early to know how things will shake out really. One positive is that there has been good attendance at the events this staff has hosted.

I think we could be, relative to where the staff wants to be. They are at their best identifying talent early, and ideally, you are reaching out and building connections before the players are about to enter their senior seasons.

The pool of top players with which the staff will be able to be competitive should be larger for the '17 class.