Interesting.....

Mike'l Severe@MikelSevere 4m

Big #huskers RT @TimGriffinBig12: BYU will discipline "10-ish" players for their role in brawl with Memphis in their opener vs. Nebraska...

FYI: Not that it will matter a whole lot come September, but Riley has faced the Cougars three times in the past half dozen years. Lost two, and won their most recent game: 2009 Maaco Bowl (Lost 44-20). 2011 in Corvallis (Lost 38-28). 2011 in Provo (Won 42-24).

Interesting.....

Mike'l Severe@MikelSevere 4m

4 minutes ago

Big #huskers RT @TimGriffinBig12: BYU will discipline "10-ish" players for their role in brawl with Memphis in their opener vs. Nebraska...

Possible? ?? Sleep with a girl get kicked out of school. Sucker punch somebody no disciple.

• Fire 1

This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

I fail to see how the very first game a coach coaches at a new school can be a catastrophic loss when it's against a decent team like BYU.

It would suck. But, it would do nothing to define how the rest of the season would go or Riley's tenure here.

• Fire 1

I fail to see how the very first game a coach coaches at a new school can be a catastrophic loss when it's against a decent team like BYU.

It would suck. But, it would do nothing to define how the rest of the season would go or Riley's tenure here.

Well catastrophic is an interesting way to put it. Might be true though.

If its a tough fought close game we lose by a last second effort, not so much. But if we get waxed, at home, in the opener, in Rileys first game, by double digits, the season will be over for most of the people still pissy about his hiring.

For his tenure to make an immediate impact, we need a strong OOC showing. The Big Ten needs it to.

• Fire 1

Considering that there's some who still want bo here, and some that aren't exactly sold on Riley, plus you have a good chunk of the national media scratching their heads on the hire... Breaking the 2nd to last streak we have going as a time, to a mid-major, while ushering in a new era would be a horrible start.

Considering that there's some who still want bo here, and some that aren't exactly sold on Riley... Breaking the 2nd to last streak we have going as a time, to a mid-major, while ushering in a new era would be a horrible start.

but...but... they're independent!

Considering that there's some who still want bo here, and some that aren't exactly sold on Riley, plus you have a good chunk of the national media scratching their heads on the hire... Breaking the 2nd to last streak we have going as a time, to a mid-major, while ushering in a new era would be a horrible start.

#FireTimMiles. #FireBo #FireRiley #FireEichorst #FirePerlman

Did I get em' all? Fire all of em'. Won't matter if they have jobs, the sky will be falling and the world will be ending anyway, so it won't matter.

• Fire 1

It's pretty bad to lose any game to BYU.

That said, I'm not too worried about the folks who still want Bo here, or who aren't sold on Riley, or any talking media head. I think any rational person knows that a new coach coming in needs time. Specific to Nebraska's situation, there is a lot of culture change that is/needs happening, so how smooth the transition will be is a total wildcard. And of course, beyond that, the guy has to bring in his recruits.

Consistent to recent history, if it doesn't blow up in his first four years, he'll get a couple more years to show what he can do with his own guys (avoiding a Rich Rod at Michigan scenario, where they got rid of him too early). If there's still no conference title, that's maybe when another change would be made (unless we're talking about Top 10 finishes or a team consistently Top 15 in the final polls.)

In the meantime, Bo can bo what he likes at Youngstown. At least he'll have always have a string of embarrassing behavior and marginally Top 25 finishes while at Nebraska to hang his hat on.

• Fire 3