JUCO WR Taj Williams [TCU - Signed LOI]

That's awesome to see (the Iowa Western CC connection).

A Florida 4-star WR going to Indiana? Wow, who was recruiting him?

I would guess since he ended up at JUCO that eligibility was an issue.

B1G eligibility had lower standards than SEC standards though?

That's awesome to see (the Iowa Western CC connection).

A Florida 4-star WR going to Indiana? Wow, who was recruiting him?

I would guess since he ended up at JUCO that eligibility was an issue.

B1G eligibility had lower standards than SEC standards though?

Not necessarily. But he didn't end up enrolling. Other schools might have backed away when they saw he wasn't going to make it. Indiana could have just taken a chance.

I'm not that picky about where we get good talent from but WR isn't exactly a spot we're short at especially in upper-classmen so I'm not sure this is a great spot for a JUCO.

I see what you're saying Mav..... Wait, no I don't! 6'4" and a 4.45 40! Those are numbers you can't have enough of on your roster.

Like I said, if he's good enough to come in and contribute, I'm not that picky. But if he's not significantly better than what we have on our roster, I'm not a big fan. Perhaps he is.

And I'll buy the 4.45 40 when I see it. He was IWCC's leading receiver this year with 77 catches for 949 yards and 11 TDs. Those are good numbers. Good enough to be an all-conference (all Iowa JUCO) selection.

But guys who run 4.45 don't average 12.3 yards per catch - especially at the JUCO level. That was only the third best mark on his team. Bell, Westerkamp, DPE, Moore, Carter, Reilly, Hovey and Cotton all averaged more (against much better competition) and Ameer Abdullah and his 4.6 40 averaged 12.2 coming out of the backfield.