Kieron Williams Feels Older Than His Years

“A lot of guys are still worried about what that next girl is doing. I’m more focused on, ‘Let’s get this football, let me get my classes in,’ more than 'Let’s go to this party, let’s do all this,’” Williams says.

The military life might not have been for him over the long haul, but he’s sure his experience in prep school helped him mentally. It provided the type of discipline that has aided him in getting on the field right away for Nebraska as a backup safety and special-teamer despite arriving on campus just three months ago.
Talk about discipline? In prep school, there was no cell phone use or Internet for the first two months. Williams would wake up every morning at 5:30.
“You’d march everywhere you go, march to breakfast, march to class, march somewhere else,” Williams says. “Then you go do your sport for, like, an hour, which is heaven. … And then once you leave football, you try to stay in the locker room as long as possible, because you know you have another march coming up.”
He’d often stay up until 2 a.m. finishing his homework. Wake up at 5:30. Do the march all over again.
Williams was so worried he wouldn’t fold the corners on his bed properly, he slept on the floor the first month.
“Yeah, that’s a real thing.”

LJS

Props to Warren for getting this kid here. Wasn't exactly a shot in the dark as he coached him for a year but still he was an under-recruited late add.

Really excited to see what he can do the next three years. I think Gerry and Alexander will have the two safety spots locked down but he's great depth behind them. I could see Williams in the "star" spot - basically the Nickel in Banker's defense.

Props to Warren for getting this kid here. Wasn't exactly a shot in the dark as he coached him for a year but still he was an under-recruited late add.

Really excited to see what he can do the next three years. I think Gerry and Alexander will have the two safety spots locked down but he's great depth behind them. I could see Williams in the "star" spot - basically the Nickel in Banker's defense.

CJAX