Cornerback - Plenty of Competition

I would think Davie has the inside track at one corner and would think CJax would be a favorite on the other side, especially with Cockrell working at Safety to start.

But there is a jumble behind them. Rose and Jones saw the field last year while Joseph and Mosley have been around a bit.

I'm really interested to see how fast true freshmen Eric Lee and Avery Anderson get acclimated. From a picture I saw, it appeared that they were both watching from the seats as if they were watching the "other" practice, trying to learn before (or after) they got their chance on the field. If that's true, love to see that.

Dont sleep on Josh Kalu

I love me some Kalu but he's starting out at safety which is probably his more natural position.

Hadnt heard that. Thanks Mavric

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kalu back at CB by September. And starting. I wonder if the move to safety is to make Kalu more familiar with the positioning and responsibilities of safety. (Or maybe they really are moving him to safety. I dunno. LOL)

Dont sleep on Josh Kalu

I love me some Kalu but he's starting out at safety which is probably his more natural position.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kalu back at CB by September. And starting. I wonder if the move to safety is to make Kalu more familiar with the positioning and responsibilities of safety. (Or maybe they really are moving him to safety. I dunno. LOL)

More depth at CB then safety.

Dont sleep on Josh Kalu

More depth at CB then safety.

Yeah, that's probly the explanation. Kalu has the talent, size and speed to player either spot.

Dont sleep on Josh Kalu

Seems like most players were asked where they wanted to start out and that's what they went with. So I'd guess this is what Kalu wanted as well.

Depending on how they handle the Nickel spot I would think he'd be a great candidate.

Dont sleep on Josh Kalu

Seems like most players were asked where they wanted to start out and that's what they went with. So I'd guess this is what Kalu wanted as well.

Depending on how they handle the Nickel spot I would think he'd be a great candidate.

With so much talent at the DB position group, it could easily get mismanaged if the coached spend too much time experimenting. I think it is a good idea to ask the players what position they feel they are best at or most comfort playing.

Other than Gifford at LB, I think everyone is in a pretty good spot - both for them and the team. Gifford is unlikely to play at Safety this year so if we think we have to have him for depth at LB that's fine. I just hope he doesn't spend a couple years there then get moved back.