Wide Receivers - Lots of Options

From the Updates thread:

Here's what I've gathered from what media guys are saying:
WR: Saw a top 6 of: PiersonEl, Westy, Reilly, Moore, Hovey, Tolbert. Saw Irons was hot and cold. Said Allen, Burtch, Gladney struggled.
About what most would have guessed, except that I would expect Burtch to work his way up.
I'm very interested in Tolbert. I think he could be our next Enunwa. So I like to see this:

I think DPE will have a unique role with a set of plays and variations that they will use a couple times per quarter. Plays to get him the ball quick and go. Looking back at last year, guys not named Bell and Westerkamp were in a position to make plays because of the attention those two received. I like DPE's athleticism and playmaking ability, but still not sure he translates into solid #2 role. Isn't he like 5'8 or something? Would think he is more of wingback/3rd receiver down field. Having said all that, I just don't know who else would be a reliable #2 read from the list.

I would think Burtch would be a natural choice as he's a bigger guy with speed that would compliment Westerkamp's possession role and DPEs speed. Reilly would be similar. And Tolbert should be a red zone monster after some development. Moore seems to have the tools but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to put it all together.

It seemed like last spring Alonzo Moore was noted as making a highlight-reel catch every practice. It obviously didn't translate to game.

Moore is up to his old tricks already this spring. Hopefully the results are better this year.

that was Allen that was making all the catches in practice

• Fire 1

It seemed like last spring Alonzo Moore was noted as making a highlight-reel catch every practice. It obviously didn't translate to game.

Moore is up to his old tricks already this spring. Hopefully the results are better this year.

that was Allen that was making all the catches in practice

Yeah, you're right.

I would think Burtch would be a natural choice as he's a bigger guy with speed that would compliment Westerkamp's possession role and DPEs speed. Reilly would be similar. And Tolbert should be a red zone monster after some development. Moore seems to have the tools but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to put it all together.

If we are hoping that that the likes of Burtch or Reilly as LEGIT #2 Wr's we are not that strong at WR. I keep hearing every one say we are so deep at WR but I refuse to see it. Other then Weterkamp and DPE wh have not 1 proven solid guy in my opinion.