CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This kid is Elite. Would be the best get of the class. He can make cuts on a dime, good vision, athletic - do it all type player.

Jr year stats: (13 games)

242 rushing yards (3 TDs)

886 receiving yards (10 TDs)

31 tackles, 2 INTs

4 punt returns for TD

1 kickoff return for TD

1 INT return for TD

1 fumb rec. for TD

• Fire 2

I get the feeling from Darnay that we're his second favorite school after Stanford.

He's clearly interested in what Nebraska has to offer. Hopefully playing in front of the most passionate fans in CFB wins out and we can land one of the highest ranked recruits we've ever had.

What makes you think second after Stanford? I realize it's a tweet but he has said Nebraska is home.

He called Stanford his dream offer. By all accounts, his visit there went extremely well. I have no direct inside sources, but Stanford seems to be the team to beat.

I always shudder when Nebraska is up against Stanford. I think Nebraska is a great school and all but damn, it doesn't hold a candle to what Stanford brings to the table academically.

I get the feeling from Darnay that we're his second favorite school after Stanford.

He's clearly interested in what Nebraska has to offer. Hopefully playing in front of the most passionate fans in CFB wins out and we can land one of the highest ranked recruits we've ever had.

What makes you think second after Stanford? I realize it's a tweet but he has said Nebraska is home.

He called Stanford his dream offer. By all accounts, his visit there went extremely well. I have no direct inside sources, but Stanford seems to be the team to beat.

I always shudder when Nebraska is up against Stanford. I think Nebraska is a great school and all but damn, it doesn't hold a candle to what Stanford brings to the table academically.

That's why getting KJJ and Gebbia would be huge. They would probably have more sway over Darnay's decision than any coaches anywhere would have.

Not to mention we're top center in the tweet huskerhill posted!!

In all seriousness, you have to think that with KJJ committing early - if it goes in our favor it would be a huge aid in trying to land Holmes. I don't follow recruiting a ton, don't have a premium subscription or anything, but it seems like he has made more visits here than anywhere else. You'd think that would play into our favor, especially with Williams serving as lead recruiter. By reading this thread it seems like Stanford and Nebraska are the leaders, and as someone mentioned above - can't fault the kid at all if he chooses Stanford. Would love to get that California crew on board early, it could lead to a special class.