CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Um.. A curveball would be....someone not on that list.

Nebraska or Stanford or Bama would be my only guesses.

It's not really a curveball if he were to pick one of those 4 teams. Well, actually it would be a split-finger if he chose Michigan.

I would call that more of a back door slider.

So, do you think we should assume that his pick will just "surprise" people, like a curveball does?

Naaa....I think he will pick from the four he mentioned and none of them would be too surprising to me. Have to admit, ever since it was clear we were out of it, I haven't paid that much attention to him. It seems like a heck of a lot of CBs came in for OSU. So, if I had to put money on it, I would have to pick them.

Maybe the teenage girl friend isn't as hot of a relationship now as it was a couple months ago. Hmmm...teenagers.

At this point, the absolute shocker would be for him to pick us. Which....pretty much isn't going to happen.

Of the 4 that guy listed, Michigan and USC would surprise me quite a bit.

Obviously not surprised if he picks UCLA or tOSU.

Truthfully, I'd be shocked if he picked N, but after a few minutes, I would realize it seemed so obvious all along. The guy wants to make a splash.

Many believe this is between Ohio State and Michigan if he leaves home, or USC and UCLA if he stays home. His dad seems to be heavily involved in the decision making for him. Nebraska was completely out of it until we hired Donte Williams. But I get the feeling he is not really making this decision, but being heavily influenced by his parents. It's between 1) go far from home because you think you can win a championship and get an awesome education (or) 2) stay home and get a good education and still play good football with NFL exposure.

Many believe this is between Ohio State and Michigan if he leaves home, or USC and UCLA if he stays home. His dad seems to be heavily involved in the decision making for him. Nebraska was completely out of it until we hired Donte Williams. But I get the feeling he is not really making this decision, but being heavily influenced by his parents. It's between 1) go far from home because you think you can win a championship and get an awesome education (or) 2) stay home and get a good education and still play good football with NFL exposure.

If Coach Williams pulls in Holmes his salary was worth every cent.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why, but Darnay won't quit mentioning us.

Wiltfrong just talked to him and said we are still in it. Said CaliBraska is real and two of his day 1 friends are going there. Williams is considered a friend and Nebraska makes sure you succeed on and off the field. (Kinda funny statement considering all the chatter on here lately)

I will say this one time. There is a chance that MR did visit him in-home or a different coach visited him. It could've been low-key. I'm not trying to get anyone up in arms. I don't know why he would keep mentioning us as a possibility if we aren't.

• Fire 1

I'll take darnays word over so called "experts" any day. Don't be overly optimistic and don't be doom and gloom about these sort of things

This.

He has been one of the more professional recruits towards his recruitment. Never have gotten the feeling he's blowing smoke.

Not saying he's N but we aren't out of it.