Offense a work in progress

March 18th is a bit early to be worried when installing a whole new offense. They have not had playbooks that long, and 5 and 7 step drops are new for the QBs. They should be getting a ton of reps in with each other in the summer. You know the coaches will give the players sets of things to work on in their own time before fall camp.

When you're bringing in a new staff with a different philosophy it's going to take time. Chances are neither side of the ball will play lights out this season as they get used to the new system. It might take a couple years before we know what we're getting out of Riley.

But the way things are now, imagine if they're record is 2-2 going into the conference schedule, this will be the board...

giphy.gif

• Fire 2

We have a roster of QB's recruited to run some power run, zone read, option, spread, mess..... None really recruited for their passing prowess. If Riley is looking for "that guy", I am unsure who it will be. TA is a gamer, can run, can inspire, but unsure if he can learn to be a drop back passer in the off season. The guys mechanics remind me of a soup sandwich, throw in 2 years of not progressing or really even making reads and you don't have a lot on film to make me say say he can be "that guy".

I have heard nothing about Stanton, AJ seems to get the most love.

I am sure (hoping) that Riley will have the best suited and most capable QB starting. Unfortunately, we do not have AA to lean on.

I am hoping that we do not see the Dailey, Beau Davis aka TTU show thus season with a HC who wants a drop back Tom Brady regardless of scheme. To date, I see nothing from Riley that makes me think this will be the case.

It just might be a rough start.....

• Fire 1

I personally am prepared to see a slow start.. new coaches, new playing style and new schemes.. it will take time. What I am ready to see is a steady improvement through out the years, with many kids grasping and perfecting their positions, which in my opinion we never saw under bo.

• Fire 2