Where is Bubba Starling?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/royals-not-giving-up-on-former-husker-commit-bubba-starling/article_96805c3a-bc50-11e4-8d84-6f0c5ba531f0.html

Still hasn't given up, but one to wonder, does he regret taking the option to start his MLB career? Which still hasn't started after 4 years. Kid could've been a senior right about now, instead he is riding a metal bench and has been since he signed that contract.

He's got millions in the bank and the option to keep playing baseball or go back to college and give football a shot. Or just hang up the cleats, get a degree, and live his life.

I would have loved to have him as our QB. But he's made the best decision for himself, and nobody here would have done different.

• Fire 2

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/royals-not-giving-up-on-former-husker-commit-bubba-starling/article_96805c3a-bc50-11e4-8d84-6f0c5ba531f0.html

Still hasn't given up, but one to wonder, does he regret taking the option to start his MLB career? Which still hasn't started after 4 years. Kid could've been a senior right about now, instead he is riding a metal bench and has been since he signed that contract.

I'm sure from a purely athletic standpoint he might regret it a bit. That's only if you take the money out of the equation. Dude made the smartest choice he could have, can't really fault him for that.

I'm all for him coming to Nebraska as our version of Brandon Weeden.

If he is playing AA or AAA ball this year, id say hes right on track with his career. Four years in the minors is not unheard of. If he gets to be 25/26 and still hasnt made the show, then he prob never will

He will make the show. Might not have success and might not last long in the show though. It is rare for a top draft pick to not at least get a cup of coffee in the bigs.

People are so curious of where Bubba is?

I happen to be buddies with him and asked him to pose for husker nation.... See below

scrooge.jpg

I loved watching Duck Tales as a kid!!!

On the topic of the thread, there is no way Bubba wishes he was in college. He's rich b*tch!!!

I bet he would be slaying some college tail but i guarantee he is still doing that with a few million in the bank.

And guess what, if he comes back to college.... He keeps getting older but the college girls stay the same age.

• 3 weeks later...

Bubba is back at Wilmington high A ball. There is no way anyone can say he is right on track. A first rounder is not still in class A in his 4th year. That's not to say he can't still turn it around, but ...

3 for 13 start with an HR and 2 2Bs doesn't sound too bad, until you see the 9 strikeouts. 9 out of 13 at bats (plus 1 walk) where he didn't put the ball in play to have a chance at getting on base.

Bubba is back at Wilmington high A ball. There is no way anyone can say he is right on track. A first rounder is not still in class A in his 4th year. That's not to say he can't still turn it around, but ...

3 for 13 start with an HR and 2 2Bs doesn't sound too bad, until you see the 9 strikeouts. 9 out of 13 at bats (plus 1 walk) where he didn't put the ball in play to have a chance at getting on base.

Regardless it was still the right move to take the money

Regardless it was still the right move to take the money

Agree. He didn't know it would turn out this way, nor did the Royals. And his Husker football career could've gone the same way. I'd take the millions over a college education, especially since he can still get the college education if he leaves baseball, but would've have left college football with millions.