What % of Husker Football players do you think drink or smoke during season?

Why you would do either while training to be in superior shape, challenge/maintain playing time and win games is beyond me. Should be 0% for both in a perfect world...

Not to be mean, but you have a very myopic point of view when it comes to these athletes.

In their shoes, I wouldn't want to do anything to put my scholarship, place on the team or even possible professional career in jeopardy. That is hardly myopia...

How much is the smoke going to cost Gregory in the draft?

Why you would do either while training to be in superior shape, challenge/maintain playing time and win games is beyond me. Should be 0% for both in a perfect world...

Not to be mean, but you have a very myopic point of view when it comes to these athletes.

In their shoes, I wouldn't want to do anything to put my scholarship, place on the team or even possible professional career in jeopardy. That is hardly myopia...

How much is the smoke going to cost Gregory in the draft?

He is going from being a millionaire to still being a millionaire

• Fire 1

Do some research on how much a top 5 pick signs for and someone picked in the mid to late first round.

All because that joint looked so good.

IDIOT!!!!!!

I will not be doing that research! ha

But he will be rich

• Fire 1

Do some research on how much a top 5 pick signs for and someone picked in the mid to late first round.

IDIOT!!!!!!

naw, he just figures the rules don't apply to him......always an exception......ME!

I think they probably curb drinking during the season. Ill say during season there is probably more smoking going on, like 60 pct smoke and 30 pct that drink, and i think the drinking is not a regular thing. the smoking is more of a lifestyle thing and those who do it do it, and I don't think it affects performance so much. hell maybe qb's and cb's benefit.

I can't speak for now, but in the mid-90's there was absolutely zero curbing of drinking during the season. Barrett Ruud was quoted after he shaved a tenth or so off of his 40 at the combine as the reason laying off alcohol. Apparently, he didn't curb his drinking during the season either.

I think they probably curb drinking during the season. Ill say during season there is probably more smoking going on, like 60 pct smoke and 30 pct that drink, and i think the drinking is not a regular thing. the smoking is more of a lifestyle thing and those who do it do it, and I don't think it affects performance so much. hell maybe qb's and cb's benefit.

I can't speak for now, but in the mid-90's there was absolutely zero curbing of drinking during the season. Barrett Ruud was quoted after he shaved a tenth or so off of his 40 at the combine as the reason laying off alcohol. Apparently, he didn't curb his drinking during the season either.

Of course they aren't curbing their drinking during the season. After a long week of practices and then game, those guys have one night of freedom on Saturday night. They are going to go to the bars and house parties and drink and smoke.

IDIOT!!!!!!

But he will be rich

Here is an article from Forbes for the 2014 Rookie salary cap scale. While he would be leaving money on the table if a team decided to pass on him for a few spots, he is still going to be paid very well.

Jadaveon Clowney's contract was for $22 million. Teddy Bridgewater was the 32nd pick for the first round signed a $6.8 million contract.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2014/05/09/2014-nfl-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/

• Fire 2

IDIOT!!!!!!

But he will be rich

Here is an article from Forbes for the 2014 Rookie salary cap scale. While he would be leaving money on the table if a team decided to pass on him for a few spots, he is still going to be paid very well.

Jadaveon Clowney's contract was for $22 million. Teddy Bridgewater was the 32nd pick for the first round signed a $6.8 million contract.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2014/05/09/2014-nfl-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/

Teach, not one person in this thread has said he isn't going to get paid a lot of money.

But, I had been seeing predictions that he was going to be top five. This morning, I saw a prediction that he could drop to mid to late first round. So, let's say he was going to be #5 and now dropped to #16. From this link, that is a cut of $9,709,199.

The guy is a friggen idiot. He just spent close to 10 million to get high and no matter who is employer is at the next level, he has now put himself on the watch list of someone who might be trouble later.

I would say drinking would be anywhere from 75-90%, which is probably in line with the typical college population.

Smoking is a tough one. Not to make it a race thing, but smoking dope for young, black men is a lot more common that smoking dope for young white guys. But, now smoking dope is a lot more common overall among "kids". I would say smoking dope is at least 50%.

well, you just did.

if you don't know what you are talking about, usually its best just not to say anything. why say stuff like this and possibly stir up strife, especially when its just not true? i didn't even have to search longer than 10 seconds before i found this:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150311124741.htm

I would say drinking would be anywhere from 75-90%, which is probably in line with the typical college population.

Smoking is a tough one. Not to make it a race thing, but smoking dope for young, black men is a lot more common that smoking dope for young white guys. But, now smoking dope is a lot more common overall among "kids". I would say smoking dope is at least 50%.

well, you just did.

if you don't know what you are talking about, usually its best just not to say anything. why say stuff like this and possibly stir up strife, especially when its just not true? i didn't even have to search longer than 10 seconds before i found this:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150311124741.htm

Thanks for showing me I am wrong and have biases based on stereotypes.