Miles to Meet With Players to Discuss Next Year

Nebraska has a full complement of 13 scholarship men’s basketball players for next season, but that doesn’t mean the roster is set for 2015-16.

Coach Tim Miles said Monday he would hold meetings on Monday and Tuesday to discuss what role each returning player is expected to have next season. Such meetings sometimes lead players to consider a transfer.
Nebraska, which ended the season 13-18 and on a nine-game losing skid, has continued to recruit this spring as if scholarships are available. Coaches have made trips to Michigan, Arizona and Australia.
NU has offered 6-foot-10, 220-pound center Michael Edwards from John Glenn High in Westland, Michigan (metro Detroit area). Edwards was just named first-team all-state by the Associated Press.

OWH

"Discussing players roles"

Makes me think this is where we lose a guy or two. They might hear "You really arent going to get playing time here... now might be a good time to move on"

That was what happened with Hawkins and Vucetic I believe.

I wonder if they would ever say that to Benny(Again). I doubt Benny leaves, but he could maybe go to a smaller school and get some minutes.

Not sure. I get the feeling with Tarin Smith they might pull a Webster and play him at that off guard a bit more if Glynn Watson ends up being a special player.

Tai Webster found his place last year and he isnt going anywhere.

Fuller, Pitchford and Petteway are the three i am interested to see what happens with.

I dont think Pitch wants to be here anymore.

"Discussing players roles"

Makes me think this is where we lose a guy or two. They might hear "You really arent going to get playing time here... now might be a good time to move on"

That was what happened with Hawkins and Vucetic I believe.

I wonder if they would ever say that to Benny(Again). I doubt Benny leaves, but he could maybe go to a smaller school and get some minutes.

Not sure. I get the feeling with Tarin Smith they might pull a Webster and play him at that off guard a bit more if Glynn Watson ends up being a special player.

Tai Webster found his place last year and he isnt going anywhere.

Fuller, Pitchford and Petteway are the three i am interested to see what happens with.

I dont think Pitch wants to be here anymore.

I don't think any of the main players that have been on the court are going to be told to go find somewhere else. The one that I can honestly see leaving early is Pitchford because (like you said) it just seems like he doesn't want to be here).

What I think will happen is players that have been here for a couple years and aren't going to see the court are going to be told that so they can make the decision to leave or not.

THEN, there is always the chance that the players like Webster, Benny...etc. are going to be bench players if the players who are currently redshirting prove to be much better.

What we end up with is a more talented team starting games with players with a ton of experience coming off the bench to compliment them.

If the players that are on the bench are really as good as we are told they are, then this is a good recipe for a much better season next year.

Well I'm guessing we will be hearing about another departure soon:

@Tjawtherula: Damm yo. Squad just crumbling one by one. All the best to my brothers moving on and for the rest lets eat #huskerhoops

when did he post this? I can't find it on his twitter, wonder if he took it down.
interesting I just checked also and it's gone. He posted it this afternoon

Well I'm guessing we will be hearing about another departure soon:

@Tjawtherula: Damm yo. Squad just crumbling one by one. All the best to my brothers moving on and for the rest lets eat #huskerhoops

when did he post this? I can't find it on his twitter, wonder if he took it down.
interesting I just checked also and it's gone. He posted it this afternoon

See the Tarin Smith thread. He's gone.