Pitchford Leaving Huskers

I speculated this would happen. He's a good player but I don't think he had the want to at times this year and I didn't see that changing. Best of luck to him and hopefully we can find a transfer to fill that scholarship. Akoy Agau official signed on somewhere? I know he was committed to Georgetown.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209992734&DB_OEM_ID=100

Always kind of thought he would be the guy to go. I heard last year was most likely his last year and he was ready to move on. Figured it would be to Europe.

He just wasnt all that interested in pushing his game to the next level and I would bet him and Petteway didnt see eye to eye.

Good luck Pitch. Happy to see him finish his education.

I speculated this would happen. He's a good player but I don't think he had the want to at times this year and I didn't see that changing. Best of luck to him and hopefully we can find a transfer to fill that scholarship. Akoy Agau official signed on somewhere? I know he was committed to Georgetown.

I have zero interest in Akoy.

I think they want the Fresh from Michigan.

I wouldnt mind a graduate transfer but they need a certain type of guy... I dont think they go that route. I think they go young and try to build up

I guess color me surprised. He didn't have the year like he did the year before but i think he still would have gotten decent playing time next year. When he was hitting 3's it made us pretty dynamic. He got a reputation for being a big party animal off the court and who knows if that affected his play. As some have mentioned, it did appear he didn't care at times. I guess we are going to have major height issues next year. Is Hammond going to get significant play time? I hope not.

I don't understand this at all. You have a free scholly to play basketball in the Big10. You want to give up after receiving major minutes the past 2 seasons??

Walter was probaly pushed out is my assumption. HE does this to save face, but he flat out seemed disinterested.

You add that to the fact that the dude had a reputation for spending more time on O street than anywhere else and he is on the same team as a guy who spends morning day and night in the gym in Petteway.

My educated guess is Petteway told Miles he would be back but didnt want guys who didnt care here. Pitchford was then told he wouldnt see the minutes unless he put in the effort.

He probably lost all passion for the game and just decided it was easier to step away.

“I thank Coach Miles for giving me the opportunity when I transferred from Florida,” Pitchford said. “I have learned a lot about myself in the three years I’ve been at Nebraska and it is not an easy decision to give up playing basketball. I believe it is in the best interest of both the team and myself that I devote my time to completing my degree at Nebraska and eventually go into a career in business.

“I appreciate all the support I have received from the coaching staff, my teammates and the fans during my time at Nebraska and it has become home for me,” Pitchford said. “I know my teammates support me on this difficult decision, and I will be there to support them.”
“I completely support Walter in his decision,” Nebraska basketball coach Tim Miles said. “It shows a great deal of courage for a young man to see his career path and pursue it. I know leaving behind basketball is not easy for Walter or his family, but I also believe this is the best thing for Walt because it targets what he wants to do.”

Huskers.com

I don't understand this at all. You have a free scholly to play basketball in the Big10. You want to give up after receiving major minutes the past 2 seasons??

Walter was probaly pushed out is my assumption. HE does this to save face, but he flat out seemed disinterested.

You add that to the fact that the dude had a reputation for spending more time on O street than anywhere else and he is on the same team as a guy who spends morning day and night in the gym in Petteway.

My educated guess is Petteway told Miles he would be back but didnt want guys who didnt care here. Pitchford was then told he wouldnt see the minutes unless he put in the effort.

He probably lost all passion for the game and just decided it was easier to step away.

You must be really well educated to pull that out.

Let's see, you agree that he looked disinterested and spent time on O street.

But, you doubt that him leaving was his choice.

So, if someone is truly disinterested and doesn't want do go something, why is it hard to understand that he made this decision in his own to move on with his life?

I actually respect him for this decision and working towards his degree. I wish him all the success in the world and thanks for playing for the Huskers.

Let's see, you agree that he looked disinterested and spent time on O street.

But, you doubt that him leaving was his choice.

So, if someone is truly disinterested and doesn't want do go something, why is it hard to understand that he made this decision in his own to move on with his life?

I actually respect him for this decision and working towards his degree. I wish him all the success in the world and thanks for playing for the Huskers.

I think he would have stuck around, and continued to play like he did last year... They basically said it is probably best to leave but let him say it was his choice so he could save face.

This is just a guess.