Hows your game?

• You cannot reply to this topic
406 replies to this topic

#401 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,123 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

How many holes have you played this spring?

Holes is tough...

I have entered 14 rounds in GHIN since the active season began in March. During January and February, I probably snuck in 5-6 rounds on good weather days. And then some evenings after work, I'll practice and then hop around 3-9 holes as time allows. If I had to guess, probably 425 holes or so. That will increase with my competitive season starting next week. 

I belong to a club here in Kansas City that is only about 5-10 minutes from my office, so I can make it down there over lunch or after work. It is busy on the weekends, but I can get in a lot of practice and play during the week.

I've played nine holes 13 times.  Played 18 holes four times. But I've played more than that.  I often swing by after work and play a few holes, but not a full nine.  Oddly (or sadly?) the last couple of times I've played my scores have been several strokes higher than they were two months ago.  Weird.  :dunno:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#402 wiuhusker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Got out yesterday to Ashland CC and finally played some good golf. Shot 36 on the front with a double and 2 birdies and then shot 39 on the back. If i could really dial in my game from about 120 yds and in I would be in good shape. Not to complain about a 76 but it very well could've been 72-73 if i could figure it out from those distances. 

Posted Image

#403 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

Got out yesterday to Ashland CC and finally played some good golf. Shot 36 on the front with a double and 2 birdies and then shot 39 on the back. If i could really dial in my game from about 120 yds and in I would be in good shape. Not to complain about a 76 but it very well could've been 72-73 if i could figure it out from those distances. 

My aunt and uncle who live in Lincoln would always go play at Ashland CC.

#404 wiuhusker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

My aunt and uncle who live in Lincoln would always go play at Ashland CC.

I love going there. It's never too busy and you can usually get a pretty good deal to go play there on GolfNow.

Posted Image

#405 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,817 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

First night of league cold/wind/rained out.

:(

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#406 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,817 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

I believe this is from the #9 tee box.  

Haven't seen any views like this but it's a great course if you have a chance to play it.

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraCB/status/866872126686494720

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#407 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

I believe this is from the #9 tee box.  

Haven't seen any views like this but it's a great course if you have a chance to play it.

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraCB/status/866872126686494720

Woodland Hills is one of my favorite courses in Nebraska.  Has some great terrain and scenery, and it's a very fair golf course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users