Pelini Finds Comfort at Home

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/volatility-nebraska-pelini-finds-comfort-home-30033108

Basically a story about how happy Bo is to be at YSU and how happy Youngstown is to have him.

I found a few statements interesting:

-"'I'm not an ego-driven guy. I'm not one to worry about how many people are in the stadium or how big the stadium is or how many games are on TV or anything like that.'"

Right

And this one regarding the tape that was released: "'I think it's sad that it came out," Pelini said. "That's what's wrong with that place.'"

Read what y'all want into this article but I think those two quotes say everything there is to be said about Pelini. He lacks class and nothing is his fault.

Not Ego Driven: I think that is why he had so many staff members with little experience - he didn't want them to outshine him. I think he felt threatened by greater coaching talent. :facepalm: (from me an arm chair psychologist - but real life observer)

"That's what's wrong with that place.'" That is like the arsonist blaming the fireman for putting out the fire. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Obviously, the guy is a bitter man but it didn't start wt his firing at NU. His antics at NU were driven by his bitterness. It is amazing that it didn't show more than it did - the only reason he stayed 7 years at NU.

• Fire 4

And this one regarding the tape that was released: "'I think it's sad that it came out," Pelini said. "That's what's wrong with that place.'"

I find this interesting as well. Because it's pretty safe and easy to say that if any other coach acts in such a way ANYWHERE, it's probably recorded and released as well. The audio instances of Bo completely flipping out (one of which I defended and actually still do as discussed many times before, for it was an assumed moment of privacy with a friend/confidant as was many times prior) are NOT A NEBRASKA PROBLEM. Theyre a Bo problem. The fact that it doesnt happen anywhere else is because Bo is a few and proud to be nuts enough to openly say such rants about the place he works/worked.

He is absolutely an ego-driven guy and there's nothing especially "wrong" with Nebraska. Bo Peep doesn't want to accept that he lives in a world where if you go on a tirade about your ex in front of dozens of people, it's practically impossible to keep it under wraps. It's not 1980 anymore.

I'm happy he's away from major college athletics. He doesn't have the temperament for it and it was obvious that he buckled under the pressure (many a time).

• Fire 2

I am pretty sure most people in the sports world knew all about Pelini's charector issues before the audio came out. For me it just made me feel stupid for sticking up for him. Big difference between having someone's back and the insanity he drove into the players heads. There may be some problems within the admin, but what he did was way worse than just wrong.

• Fire 4

I think Bo is probably a decent guy, but his comment about "Thats what is wrong with that place" pretty much sums up why Bo didnt work out at Nebraska and now coaches an FCS school.

Nebraska is a very tough place to coach... but that doesnt mean you need to act like a child. He knew there was a legit chance that his tirade would be recorded, and yet he still had to get the last word.

I wont wish Bo poorly, but until he learns to accept that being angry at others for your failures and trying to blame Nebraska fans, media and whomever else for your inability to succeed, he will continue to struggle.

Bo is a good coach.

Bo is probably a good guy

He just has some faults(like we all do) and I am very happy to move on past those.

Now on to what is important: The Mike Riley era.

• Fire 7

Bo's supposedly not an ego driven guy, but he has one good game and he uses that as a platform to take swings at his critics. "Contrary to what you guys think, I haven't forgotten how to coach a run defense." Right. Because that's what anything is about.

That was my biggest problem with Pelini during the times while things were relatively good and even I didn't think he should be fired. He sure made even the good times not very fun.

Also, how hard is it to point the thumb? I believe these are his first public statements about Nebraska since he was fired. A person with class might thank the fans for his time there. But no, Bo goes with "no apologies" and "that's what's wrong with that place."

It's kind of absurd that he even feels wronged. How about a "Thanks NU, for completely handing the reigns of your flagship football program to me for seven years." That opportunity is the only reason anyone in the national media cares enough to write an AP story about the new Youngstown State coach.

• Fire 4