Petteway in the Pros

Will He Stay or Will He Go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we have two starters declare early for the draft - one won't get drafted, the other might not either but definitely won't get drafter high enough to warrent leaving early. Plus we have another potential starter leave.

Pretty much the definition of dysfunctional.

So.....a guy everyone had thought would be entering the draft prior to his horrible season this year, does what we all thought he would do, and leaves.

A guy who has transferred multiple times between high school and college decides to hang it up and now apparently try his chances in the NBA, and anybody is surprised? Why?

Aside from Tarin Smith leaving, none of these other guys should be surprising at all.

The rate of transfers or players who leave early across the NCAA is 40% ( heard this on the radio). Tim Miles so far has a 45% rate. So we're really no more dysfunctional than anybody, if that's even the term to use. It appears to me we are just normal.

Have to admit that the only one here that surprises me was Smith.

That said, I get the feeling that this is a watershed moment in Miles's tenure. Either he is going to grow from here or crash.

Nobody knows which direction it's going. I'm rooting for the guy all the way.

Completely agree.

I'm rooting for him too.

So we have two starters declare early for the draft - one won't get drafted, the other might not either but definitely won't get drafter high enough to warrent leaving early. Plus we have another potential starter leave.

Pretty much the definition of dysfunctional.

So.....a guy everyone had thought would be entering the draft prior to his horrible season this year, does what we all thought he would do, and leaves.

A guy who has transferred multiple times between high school and college decides to hang it up and now apparently try his chances in the NBA, and anybody is surprised? Why?

Aside from Tarin Smith leaving, none of these other guys should be surprising at all.

The rate of transfers or players who leave early across the NCAA is 40% ( heard this on the radio). Tim Miles so far has a 45% rate. So we're really no more dysfunctional than anybody, if that's even the term to use. It appears to me we are just normal.

Have to admit that the only one here that surprises me was Smith.

That said, I get the feeling that this is a watershed moment in Miles's tenure. Either he is going to grow from here or crash.

Nobody knows which direction it's going. I'm rooting for the guy all the way.

Wondering if Smith really is scared off by competition?.............or simply doesn't like our style of offense and how it fits with his game......?

If the later, it calls into question the hiring of Molinari, who's defense first philosophy may not translate to how players want to attack more on offense.....?

Regardless, Miles will now have an opportunity to prove he can coach. This will be a very young team next year.

However, like many others, I am totally rooting for him to mold this fresh group into a successful team.

Nebrasketball had a really disappointing year. I'm not sure why we're panicking at the thought of losing the players we had. Seems like some fresh opportunities and new blood would do the program good. And may even be by design. Roster turnover after all, is the name of the game in basketball.

That said, I like Petteway. Seems like the kind of guy who can be a real leader by example for the team.

Nebrasketball had a really disappointing year. I'm not sure why we're panicking at the thought of losing the players we had. Seems like some fresh opportunities and new blood would do the program good. And may even be by design. Roster turnover after all, is the name of the game in basketball.

That said, I like Petteway. Seems like the kind of guy who can be a real leader by example for the team.

You answered your own question.

I still think Petteway can play PG. He did most of the year away. Plus, he could show the NBA some of his versatility.

Might as well play 5-1 then...

TP doesnt have very good court vision. He has good ball handling skills and can pull up and shoot but we need a PG who can distribute the ball.

TP likes to shoot off the dribble, but usually that means the defender has time to put a hand in his face.

I still think he goes NBA.

We are not a better team without TP but we are probably going to be forced to play more team basketball.

Our woeful offense not withstanding, guys who take 29% of the team's shots and have a 0.9-1 assist to turnover ration don't make good point guards.

You can not tell me that he was not asked to carry the team because no one else could make an outside shot. I think it would be different next year with White.

Petteway couldn't hit an outside shot either so I'm not sure how much carrying of the team he actually did.

Our woeful offense not withstanding, guys who take 29% of the team's shots and have a 0.9-1 assist to turnover ration don't make good point guards.

You can not tell me that he was not asked to carry the team because no one else could make an outside shot. I think it would be different next year with White.

So was he carrying the team last year as well? Didn't we have more outside shooting? Because he took 25% of our shots and had a 0.6-1 assist to turnover ratio that year.

So was he carrying the team last year as well? Didn't we have more outside shooting? Because he took 25% of our shots and had a 0.6-1 assist to turnover ratio that year.

Regardless, the players Miles inherited are & were not good players. And without Petteway, we are lucking to win 10 games each of the last 2 years.