Petteway in the Pros

Will He Stay or Will He Go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mav is the MAN today!

There is a reason that Miles and his Huskers are picked to finish 13th next year...in the Big Ten.

Mav looks at things logically.

He might be the best poster on this board...

But enough with the love affair.

Miles deserves criticism. He has done a great job, but he also isnt perfect. I dont blame the transfers on him, that is just what college basketball has become. He has really struggled getting big men to sign on the dotted line. But in his defense, that is a tough position to recruit.

It sounds like you are hinting that I am the second best poster? Hmmmmm? Hmmmm?

Hinting?

I meant to flat out say it. You are the 2nd best poster*

*who is a teacher on this board.

Ha! Dang it! You had me for a second!

Nebraska is better with Terran Petteway than without him. When did we become one of the silver spoon teams where we can afford to lose someone that contributes over 18 ppg? We need everyone that we can get--especially if they can put it through the hoop, flaws and all.

If anyone wants to crucify someone this year, crucify Pitchford for his antics. He partied away our third scoring option and went into zombie mode on the court. Thanks Walt!

Miles needs a boot in the butt too. If he would have benched Parker and played Smith, Smith would probably still be here.

If Petteway is back next year, he'll have a much better supporting cast and won't feel like he has to do everything himself. I sure hope that he does come back. It will benefit all parties involved.

• Fire 3

Sipple makes a good point. If Petteway was bolting why would Miles be there? Why would there be a presser in the first place? Petteway be back next year. We need him back!

Why?

1. Show his support

2. You are talking about two dudes here that LOVE being in front of a camera

3. Recruiting tool

• Fire 1

He should leave for the draft.

1. He's not going to improve his game so much in another season that he's going to jump higher in the draft.
  2. He risks an injury that could sideline him, or ruin a pro career.
  3. His mother's illness means his family could use the money right now. Like, RIGHT now.
  4. Even if he doesn't get drafted by the NBA, or get picked up by an American team, he could play in Europe and start a career.
  5. He graduates in May. If pro ball fails, he'll have that in his hip pocket. Another year at Nebraska means grad school. Not sure what his major is, but that's not really a major need for him right now, I'm guessing.

I could go on. There are so many reasons for him to leave, and they all make perfect sense.

Selfishly, I'd love for him to stay. But he doesn't need to, he doesn't owe us that, and all signs point to the smarter move for his life to go pro now.

I really want him to stay (for me, selfishly).

I hope he goes (for him and his family, because it's the right move).

• Fire 2