Petteway in the Pros

Will He Stay or Will He Go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Terran Petteway returns home for mother's funeral; press conference postponed

By Lee Barfknecht / World-Herald Bureau POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2015 6:41 AM | UPDATED: 6:56 AM, WED APR 8, 2015.

LINCOLN — Joetta Petteway, mother of Nebraska All-Big Ten basketball player Terran Petteway, died late Tuesday night after a 2½-year battle with a rare form of tissue cancer.

LINK

Wife and I were fortunate to spend some social time with both Mr. and Mrs. Petteway last year at the Charleston Classic.

She truly was a classy and genuine person!

Prayers to Terry, Terran, and the entire Petteway family (including Pro wide receiver Mike Evans who was practically raised in that family).

• Fire 1

Does anyone know when the press conference was rescheduled for? All I know is they said sometime this week.

I actually think he's coming back. Just a hunch, but, I don't think they would be making such a big deal with a press conference if he was entering the draft and gone.

He'll do it on his own time. It's not easy to lose anyone you know, but your mother is especially rough so I can only imagine the pain he is and will keep going through for a while and my condolences go out to him and his family.

Does anyone know when the press conference was rescheduled for? All I know is they said sometime this week.

I actually think he's coming back. Just a hunch, but, I don't think they would be making such a big deal with a press conference if he was entering the draft and gone.

Tangentially, you'd also have to believe that the plethora of underclassman making the jump to the NBA would push him further down the list; maybe making him think about how his stock might improve with another year....?

He'll do it on his own time. It's not easy to lose anyone you know, but your mother is especially rough so I can only imagine the pain he is and will keep going through for a while and my condolences go out to him and his family.

Ummm....you act like my post was somehow disrespectful or some how rude.

Of course he is going to do it when he is ready on his time line and I'm perfectly fine with that. Just asking when if anyone had heard when that time may be.