SIGNED - WR Jaevon McQuitty

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will be interesting. He's been waiting for the Missouri offer for some time. But he's also a big fan of Keyshawn Jr. If we get Keyshawn that might be enough to sway him. But I think Mizzou wins out in the end.

Definitely seemed a little PO'd that Mizzou didn't offer him earlier. Hope we play that angle with him and if we're able to get KJJ and/or Holmes on board hopefully they get in his ear HARD about coming to UNL.

He pinned the tweet about the offer from Mizzou though and you have to think they will more than likely win it out in the end. Didn't he say he wanted to decide early? Like summer? That could definitely help us

Personally, I think as a board we are giving way to much credit to getting KJJ to commit and then a series of other domino's falling into place.

I like KJJ. I think their will be some KJJ affect. However, the kind of recruiting momentum a great class will need will happen on the field with a good record and a build up to a good bowl.

This particular recruit is one in which getting KJJ would help, yes. However, if we have a good season and Mizzou is average then it increases our odds a good 10-20%. Perception will loom large as we get to signing day.

Personally, I think as a board we are giving way to much credit to getting KJJ to commit and then a series of other domino's falling into place.

I like KJJ. I think their will be some KJJ affect. However, the kind of recruiting momentum a great class will need will happen on the field with a good record and a build up to a good bowl.

This particular recruit is one in which getting KJJ would help, yes. However, if we have a good season and Mizzou is average then it increases our odds a good 10-20%. Perception will loom large as we get to signing day.

I don't see anyone disagreeing with that.

Fact is, KJJ is believed to be the first of a group to commit that could be an extremely good corp to build the class around. That group includes McQuitty, Holmes, Gebbia

Those 4 have said they want to commit early and peer recruit. We have had players do that before. However, this group hold a little more cred than a lot of other players.

Will it all work out that way? Who the heck knows. But, it's going to be fun watching to see if it does.

And...yes....a good season next year will go a long ways to making it happen.

I don't see anyone disagreeing with that.

Fact is, KJJ is believed to be the first of a group to commit that could be an extremely good corp to build the class around. That group includes McQuitty, Holmes, Gebbia

Those 4 have said they want to commit early and peer recruit. We have had players do that before. However, this group hold a little more cred than a lot of other players.

Will it all work out that way? Who the heck knows. But, it's going to be fun watching to see if it does.

And...yes....a good season next year will go a long ways to making it happen.

Tricky part is, most of them want to commit before the season starts. So all they have to go on is last year...

By this logic, 2017 won't be a good recruiting year, but it would lead into our best recruiting year in 2018.