Was Banderas the best defensive player on the field yesterday?

Maliek Collins had a strong case for best defensive player solely for his motor. Can kind of see why Hughes was telling him not to drink the poison and stay well grounded because he has "can't teach" game-changing ability and was around the ball on nearly every play.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-hughes-advice-to-collins-avoid-the-poison/article_a28a40ce-88f8-55e9-a062-f88fe7fed8a6.html

Banderas is fast! He's strong as hell too, I mean the guy got his hands on a few people and just threw them down. I saw that yesterday and meant to bring it up, but hell yea, the kid had the best day of anyone in my opinion. So hard to watch that many guys when both the Husker offense and defense are on the field at once.

I'm probably just reaching for optimism here, but didn't anyone see the play where Bando was chasing a guy down the NorthWest sideline and the guy tried to give him a stiff arm? In the past it seems like Bando woulda went in there tentatively and probably rode the stiff arm out of bounds after 5 yards...this time he came in fast and smacked the stiff arm down and threw the guy down. It's almost like he realized he is one of the most physically gifted dudes on the field at any time, maybe it's just the confidence the article talks about.

Mosley, Young and Alexander.

I think Rose, Bando and Young will be our LB Corp by the end of the year...and a dang good one.

Still don't see Alexander not starting, was there an update on Cockrells injury?

Mosley reminds me of Dennard...little short but pretty stout and plenty physical.

Banderas is fast! He's strong as hell too, I mean the guy got his hands on a few people and just threw them down. I saw that yesterday and meant to bring it up, but hell yea, the kid had the best day of anyone in my opinion. So hard to watch that many guys when both the Husker offense and defense are on the field at once.

Bando looks like he bulked up and gained a step. He was in on most of the plays and not wiffing like he did last season. He had a great game.

I thought Gangwish was everywhere. He has that 90's emotion on big plays. Players feed off that. He will be big for us. He put a big hit on Wilbon I believe

I noticed this too. He was FINISHING every tackle, and it was just a glorified scrimmage. He was also pumped and yelling at guys like it wad a conference matchup.

I'm probably just reaching for optimism here, but didn't anyone see the play where Bando was chasing a guy down the NorthWest sideline and the guy tried to give him a stiff arm? In the past it seems like Bando woulda went in there tentatively and probably rode the stiff arm out of bounds after 5 yards...this time he came in fast and smacked the stiff arm down and threw the guy down. It's almost like he realized he is one of the most physically gifted dudes on the field at any time, maybe it's just the confidence the article talks about.

Happened right in front of us. This was before I realized Gerry wasnt playing and that Bando flipped his numbers. I thought it was Gerry. Which was really an eye opener.