Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

We told him we could take two QBs in this class. Even if Wilson commits, we'll hold a spot for O'Brien until he makes his decision.

Not surprised. Once Wilson got offered, it was clear, to me, that Riley and Langsdorf want two QBs this class. The question is why are they recruiting QBs with distinct skill sets? Is it because they have not decided which system they want to run in the future (running a system featuring an athletic runner/passer QB or a QB with strong pocket presences with the ability to move the pocket), or are we seeing evidence of a two-QB system, passer and runner? Let the overreaction begin. :ahhhhhhhh

We told him we could take two QBs in this class. Even if Wilson commits, we'll hold a spot for O'Brien until he makes his decision.

Not surprised. Once Wilson got offered, it was clear, to me, that Riley and Langsdorf want two QBs this class. The question is why are they recruiting QBs with distinct skill sets? Is it because they have not decided which system they want to run in the future (running a system featuring an athletic runner/passer QB or a QB with strong pocket presences with the ability to move the pocket), or are we seeing evidence of a two-QB system, passer and runner? Let the overreaction begin. :ahhhhhhhh

Both QBs are better passers than anything we've seen at QB in the past 6 years. Wilson was quoted recently as saying that he will run if need be, but his first instinct is to pass. I think the new coaching staff has been pretty consistent that they are looking for QBs with good technique and passing ability, with the ability to scramble to keep defenses honest.

Both QBs are better passers than anything we've seen at QB in the past 6 years. Wilson was quoted recently as saying that he will run if need be, but his first instinct is to pass. I think the new coaching staff has been pretty consistent that they are looking for QBs with good technique and passing ability, with the ability to scramble to keep defenses honest.

I think we should only take two QBs if Wilson commits first. I like O'Brien more, personally, and would stick with him as the only QB of the class if he wants to commit here. I say this mostly because of the number of QBs currently on the roster, none of them graduating this year.

Of course, things change if we have a couple of transfers this season.

Can't remember if this has been posted.

He is coming with a family member, probably his dad.

DJ Morgan is not coming with him, but he might ask him to.

Wants to decide in early summer on a school and then only take 1 official visit to that school in the fall for a game.

Is talking to some schools but says he isn't holding out for a certain school to offer.

Excited to meet coaches and see facilities at Nebraska.

I believe if he likes the visit, he could potentially commit on the visit.

I don't think you could say this to QB before at Nebraska.

Probably could have said that about the Callahan and Watson duo. They were pretty pro savvy and Watson has done a pretty good job with QB's.

Callahan recruited how many QB's to Nebraska? How many of them made it in the NFL?

Little different scenario starting from scratch and having to overhaul a system. Zac Taylor is in the NFL (as a coach) and briefly with the Bucs (didnt make 85 roster) and Joe Ganz was a pretty darn good college qb. I hope we start pulling in QB's like crazy and sending them to the league. We are starting to get the weapons on the perimeter to lure QB's to Nebraska. Now, we need to get some guys that can protect the Qb. There were times last year when our Tackles didnt have a chance.

I really like the way this kid plays. good runner, physical, great throwing motion, everything our new offense needs. Kinda reminds me a little of Andrew Luck.

He may need to work on his accuracy though judging from the highlight video, some of the passes were a little behind, others could have been out in front of the receiver a little more so that the receiver didn't have too slow down or stop to catch the ball. He also throws a couple dangerous passes to well covered receivers, he wont get away with that at the college level. These are small things though, a good coach can help him clean this up.

If we get him here I think he could have bright future, get him signed Langsdorf.

I think it mainly depends on who our competition ends up being. USC and UCLA have shown interest but no offer. I don't think he'd pass those schools up if given the chance. After that, I think we'd have a decent shot, though other west coast schools like Arizona State might make a push as well. He's definitely waiting to see who else is interested - and I don't blame him for that.