Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

Commonly labeled a pro-style quarterback, O'Brien has been working for more than four years with QB coaching guru Steve Calhoun, the same coach who tutored former Husker quarterback Taylor Martinez.

When O'Brien first started working with Calhoun, he was splitting his time between football and baseball. The latter soon gave way completely to the former.
"Once he decided, 'I’m just going to do football only and become the best quarterback I can,' that’s when he really started to take off," Calhoun said. "He started fine-tuning his delivery and we didn’t have to worry about changing him from throwing sliders and curveballs and stuff."
Flowers, a former quarterback himself, said that O'Brien “had the biggest improvement arc of any quarterback I’ve been associated with.”
The quarterback just started taking varsity snaps last year. Yet when he showed up at an Elite 11 camp in Los Angeles this March, surrounded by some QBs with upwards of 20 offers, O'Brien walked away with MVP honors.
"That really just showed what his competitive level was right there," Calhoun said.

LJS

Tomorrow, I believe.

Yep, today through Monday evening.
Leaving the RUSH concert last night, they had the big screen at Memorial Stadium lit up and highlights rolling around 11 pm. Wonder if it was specifically for O'Brien's visit? That was kind of late.

Wouldn't be surprised. They want this kid and rightfully so. Think he's getting ready to blow up. Thanks for the tidbit.