JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I think they need to take 2 this year and then 1 each year after that. There is a chance that 2 QB's, Stanton and Fyfe, could move on before the fall. They didn't sign a QB this year. That would leave:

1 QB that wasn't great in a system that he knew well-Armstrong

1 QB that is perhaps one concussion away from never playing again-Darlington

and 1 QB that hasn't played a snap in 2 years.-Bush

I would say his skill set is an awful lot like Darlington IMO. Which is great IMO passing QB that can run and is very athletic. The other two Qb's that we were looking at were bigger and more of a drop back passer than wilson, but I thought they both passed better than Wilson as far as looks, placement, and comfort, but neither of them were as athletic as Wilson which in the B1G is important I think. Not saying I want a running Qb just saying there are a lot of very good D's and the more options you have the better.

I think they need to take 2 this year and then 1 each year after that. There is a chance that 2 QB's, Stanton and Fyfe, could move on before the fall. They didn't sign a QB this year. That would leave:

1 QB that wasn't great in a system that he knew well-Armstrong

1 QB that is perhaps one concussion away from never playing again-Darlington

and 1 QB that hasn't played a snap in 2 years.-Bush

I was hoping to find out soon who was planning on leaving.

Would we take two QBs in the right situation? Say Stanton leaves, pick up O'Brien and Wilson?

Unless we get Mitchell to commit before next recruiting cycle then I think we should.

I agree. I wasn't overly impressed with the 5 scholarship QBs we currently have -- and two of them (Stanton, Fyfe) could be leaving.

Then TA is graduating soon, which leaves just two. And ZD is a hit away.

/edit, or, what StPaul said.

Was being recruited by the previous staff. Came to QB Camp last summer.

Going to pick out some schools to visit this summer and probably decide late summer. Hearing from Kansas State and Arizona State.

22.18 in the 200 meters this spring. If that's electronic, it would have been third in Class A at the state track meet last year.

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 24 2015. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS TERRY WILSON, QB, 6-2, 180, DEL CITY, OKLAHOMA

Terry has offers from Arkansas State, Colorado, Houston, Indiana, Memphis, Nebraska, New Mexico State and UNLV

How the Husker offer started

“Soon as I got off the phone with Coach Mike Riley, I called my mom and told my coach. They were really happy for me.”

Familiar with Nebraska

“What I like about Nebraska they have a good program. I went down last June for a camp. I went to their campus and it’s a big place. I’m going down there in June to visit – see how it goes.” Wilson said

“I really don’t know much about them (Nebraska). I know when I was down there I loved it. They know how to play some football, so that’s the only think I know about them.” Wilson said

NU coaches like what they see

“I’m a great player”

“He’s a great guy.” Wilson’s commented about NU quarterback Coach Danny Langsford. "I’m just ready to build a relationship with him. He had a one on one talk with my coach and stuff. Coach Danny Langsford told my coach I’m a great player.”

Colorado

“Their (Colorado) head Coach Mike McIntyre said he’s going to recruit me hard. I can go in there and make a big impact on the team early. They want me to get down there too.” Wilson said

Wilson took a visit to Houston, might visit Indiana

“Actually last spring I just got back from a visit to Houston. I watched their scrimmage down there, I like them a lot. Indiana, I’m trying to make it out to Indiana, I don’t know if I can with the Nebraska visit coming up.”

“What I like about Houston is the coaches they made me feel like home. The coaches take care when I got there the minute I stepped in the door. They’re just great people. Wilson said

What type of quarterback are you?

“I really don’t like to call it a dual-threat. I’m a quarterback that can run. Some people get it mixed up as a dual-threat quarterback. Some dual-threats run first, don’t look to pass. I’m really a pass first guy, if I have to run I will.” Wilson said

Future Plans

“I’m trying to go down to Nebraska June 13 and Colorado later on, but I’m not sure. I heard from Colorado yesterday (4/22), that’s when I talked to coach. We are going to talk later down the road.”

“I want to commit before the season. I’ll take most of my visits during the summer or I can wait and take a visit in the fall, so I can watch a game while I’m on that visit.” Wilson said

cornhead.gif

How is his throwing?

Some of his throws look a little wacky to me (untrained eyes and all that) but it may be because he always seems to be throwing on the run. He definitely throws many different kinds of balls, from jump balls that pop up in the air to line drives that stay low and zip directly to the receiver. Saw a nice back shoulder too. Seems very savvy.

His throwing motion is a little different but he seems to be pretty accurate. Strong arm and makes good decisions. Also looks to be mobile enough to hurt the defense if they don't account for that. His play reminds me of Tahj Boyd or Darren Thomas from Oregon a few years back.

Agree with ADS that there's something a bit off but he does deliver the ball on the money. Of course, it is a highlight tape so....

It's hard to tell when he's throwing on the run a lot and throwing deep a lot but something doesn't seem synched up to me. He does transfer his weight pretty well but it almost seems like he throws the ball first then steps into it. Not sure. And he doesn't have the highest release point by any means.

Has room to improve but not terrible by any means.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]