Riley on Sports Nightly

• Talked about recruiting the 500 mile radius
  • Recruiting is "fluid" as they are still figuring out what approaches will work
  • Cockrell has shoulder surgery but will be good to go in the fall
  • Langsdorf may call plays from the sideline
  • Likes Armstrong having playing experience
  • No big message for the team after spring - "Hard work" and "love the process"
  • Use the blitz as a "curveball" - don't rely on it but use it at the right time
  • Said they're looking for 25-30 running plays from the RBs plus a few looks on Fly Sweep, QBs, FBs, etc.
  • Inside zone run is an "identity play"

LJS Recap

OWH Recap

Who doesn't have an inside zone as a staple of their offense?

wisconsin used a simple 5th grade trap play to the tune of an NCAA record for Gordon in two quarters so id start with them.
. I'm pretty sure they used some inside zone against us also
yeah. They ran it once. When it didnt go for a 50 yd gain, they scrapped and went back to the basics. Lol

I dont know if this is true. Im just bein an ass.

Quarterback keepers and then it was called qb lead, or qb iso, when Frost pretty "debuted" it against Washington in '97. Then it pretty much became the only play in Solich's playbook, sandwiched between the page with the speed option, the triple option, and the option pass to Herian on a go.

Solich occasionally found the QB draw from 5 wides play. Too bad it was the only play from that formation. Used to drive me crazy.