Davis twins/track

What kind of actual playing time will they see this year?

My guess is not that much unless there are some injuries. D line is quite possibly our best position. It would be very difficult for a true freshman to come in and get playing time.

Thats kinda what I was figuring but wasnt sure if they would completely restrict them from playing this year or keep them at arms length in case of a catastrophe.

Either way, I CANT WAIT to see these guys take the field. I really feel like we have something special here in a couple years, something we haven't seen in quite a while.

The competition between brothers, that bond, should be contagious among the rest of our defense and make for a really great chemistry and drive. Not to mention the absolute potential they bring to the table.

I think if they show up and show they can play a bit u don't shirt them. They both could be competing for staring spot if vv and Collins go pro this year. Might as well turn them loose if they are physically ready and are as good as Maurice and Williams

Both could be all Americans in track too. Blue springs track team is loaded this year. Can't wait to see them in sectionals.

Those throws must have been at the state track meet, right? Those are insane throws for high school. Seems like a lot of times the top throw in the nation is a few inches, or maybe a foot or two, better than the second best throw. Khalil is 5 feet past the next best throw in the nation. And Carlos is 20 feet better than anyone outside the Davis family. Wow. Just wow.

The UNL record is 213 and change. (With a heavier discus.) I'm guessing that record will fall in the next couple of years. :lol:

Also, that 62' 3" toss of Khalis' in the shot put is third best in the nation (for the regular season). LINK

Both are listed at 265; a year in the weight room and 4 years to play seems like the best course. Not to mention we are 4 deep with game experience at DT and then Newel and Stoltenberg.

This is what I think as well. There's no way they start ahead of VV and MC. We have very capable backups and some other possibilities past that. I think they could contribute under other circumstances but I don't think we need to waste a year with a few snaps here and there.

Both are listed at 265; a year in the weight room and 4 years to play seems like the best course. Not to mention we are 4 deep with game experience at DT and then Newel and Stoltenberg.

This is what I think as well. There's no way they start ahead of VV and MC. We have very capable backups and some other possibilities past that. I think they could contribute under other circumstances but I don't think we need to waste a year with a few snaps here and there.

I too would prefer getting the most out of them for as long as possible. I really just wondered if the new staff would try getting them some game practice in to close things out or wait until next year.