Maliek Collins Projected 2016 First-Round Pick by Todd McShay

I could see that. If Hack has talent around him he would be the best qb availabe. His arm is ridiculous. Cook will be a great NFL qb. He has played the NFL system and has great anticipation to throw WR open. Next year will be the first year all the Urban Meyer talent starts making their millions. I fully anticipate losing Collins next year. He is NFL ready and could play in multiple systems as a 4-3 T or even a 3-4 5tech. On a good note I think we will see VV in Lincoln for another year.

I hope for Maliek's sake he is right but what happened to the days that a player actually performed at a high level on the field BEFORE being touted as a first rounder? I realize it's the off season and this year's draft just finished, so there can be no more speculating on it, but come on. I think Collins could end up being a special player for us but I sure want to see that proved before we start treating him like a first round draft pick.

I hope for Maliek's sake he is right but what happened to the days that a player actually performed at a high level on the field BEFORE being touted as a first rounder? I realize it's the off season and this year's draft just finished, so there can be no more speculating on it, but come on. I think Collins could end up being a special player for us but I sure want to see that proved before we start treating him like a first round draft pick.

He was dominant last year. He had about 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks. All those sacks coming towards the end of the season. Pretty salty stat line for any DL, let alone one who was in his first year as a starter. He is a rare breed of strength and quickness.

He was dominant last year. He had about 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks. All those sacks coming towards the end of the season. Pretty salty stat line for any DL, let alone one who was in his first year as a starter. He is a rare breed of strength and quickness.

I wouldn't call him dominant last year, but he came on pretty strong toward the latter part of the season.

I wouldn't call him dominant last year, but he came on pretty strong toward the latter part of the season.
When he was given the green light, he was pretty dominant. Not bad for a 3-star with only 7 other offers amiright?