Recent Recruit Offerings

Yet another questionable offer I see..oh well.

Where do you coach? Let the staff do their jobs.

Is he not allowed to voice his opinion? New rule I haven't heard of?

Decked, I am with you on this. As a fan, this is VERY questionable. With his size, he suits up well as a TE, but there isn't enough film at this position for me to have any excitement about.

• Fire 1

Decked, I am with you on this. As a fan, this is VERY questionable. With his size, he suits up well as a TE, but there isn't enough film at this position for me to have any excitement about.

I agree! We need to face it, we can't love Rivals rankings when it is good for us fans and then hate it when it is bad for us fans.

This, according to Rivals and the other offers looks like the type of kid that Riley would be gunning for if he coaches at OSU still. There is nothing wrong with saying that. The limited information that we have on the kid backs that up, 2 star, low ranking, offer list is marginal...but that doesn't mean that Riley is wrong, it doesn't mean that he won't be a super star.

I think a lot of us are missing the point with Riley and his recruiting/coaching/scouting.

He is going to coach up everyone regardless of star rating. The benefit to him being at Nebraska, is that he is now going to get more elite talent that he wasn't able to get at OSU. Which is GREAT. He is also going to get the underrated studs who aren't highly recruited. Why would he under-utilize his great ability to scout out under the radar guys that he can turn into studs?

I'm maybe still in the Honeymoon stage of this coaching staff, but I truly believe we're going to start to see the best of both worlds.

I think a lot of us are missing the point with Riley and his recruiting/coaching/scouting.

He is going to coach up everyone regardless of star rating. The benefit to him being at Nebraska, is that he is now going to get more elite talent that he wasn't able to get at OSU. Which is GREAT. He is also going to get the underrated studs who aren't highly recruited. Why would he under-utilize his great ability to scout out under the radar guys that he can turn into studs?

I'm maybe still in the Honeymoon stage of this coaching staff, but I truly believe we're going to start to see the best of both worlds.

Just imagine how much coaching-up he would do with a 5 Star! It would be like having the Incredible Hulk on the team!

Just imagine how much coaching-up he would do with a 5 Star! It would be like having the Incredible Hulk on the team!

Ha, totally agree!

Another thing to mention is that if he is at OSU he probably doesnt even get to land a kid like this. He does have offers from the home state TTU and a solid big ten offer in Northwestern with more probably to come. This is a kid that would be a dogfight for him to get at Corvallis. I am not saying that we are going to land him or I dont even know where he is at on our recruiting board but I trust ol' Riley with his evaluation so far and him knowing what is the type of talent he needs to bring to Lincoln to compete for Conference Titles.

Another thing to mention is that if he is at OSU he probably doesnt even get to land a kid like this. He does have offers from the home state TTU and a solid big ten offer in Northwestern with more probably to come. This is a kid that would be a dogfight for him to get at Corvallis. I am not saying that we are going to land him or I dont even know where he is at on our recruiting board but I trust ol' Riley with his evaluation so far and him knowing what is the type of talent he needs to bring to Lincoln to compete for Conference Titles.

Man, now I will be depressed if he doesn't pick NU!

Man, now I will be depressed if he doesn't pick NU!

Get back to recess duty!

I think you're still in the Honeymoon stage. That's a pretty rose colored view of what's going on with recruiting at the moment.

I hope, just as much as you, that the lowly regarded kids we've been offering lately turn out to be what we need to win a conference championship in the near future. I doubt that's going to be the case.

I think you're still in the Honeymoon stage. That's a pretty rose colored view of what's going on with recruiting at the moment.

I hope, just as much as you, that the lowly regarded kids we've been offering lately turn out to be what we need to win a conference championship in the near future. I doubt that's going to be the case.

Maybe Urban Meyer will start offering these kids...

Who's to say these are even the main guys we are going after? Maybe we are offering guys that they see have high potential, but are probably a few years away as their backup plans, and developing a relationship with them instead of being caught with our pants down and scrambling at the last minute.

Relax! I was only being sarcastic because several TE offers have been reaches lately.

Who's to say these are even the main guys we are going after? Maybe we are offering guys that they see have high potential, but are probably a few years away as their backup plans, and developing a relationship with them instead of being caught with our pants down and scrambling at the last minute.

So do you think we're putting out uncommittable offers now? And are you good with that?

So do you think we're putting out uncommittable offers now? And are you good with that?

Smart move to split this into it's own separate thread, we don't want to derail the original recruits thread too much.

But I thought a little bit about how truly 'commitable' some of these offers are, we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm good with that as long as you're honest with the recruit.