Recent Recruit Offerings

Not much for profiles that I can find. Scout lists him as a TE. His Hudl page says WR & OLB. Not sure what position we're recruiting him for.

I wonder who are his other five offers.
Scout shows 3 others.
From Pope's Twitter feed, his seven offers are (in reverse chronological order) Nebraska, Army, Jacksonville State, Furman University, Georgia Southern University, Austin Peay State University, and Navy.

In other words this kid is a reach.

Not much for profiles that I can find. Scout lists him as a TE. His Hudl page says WR & OLB. Not sure what position we're recruiting him for.

Scout shows 3 others.
From Pope's Twitter feed, his seven offers are (in reverse chronological order) Nebraska, Army, Jacksonville State, Furman University, Georgia Southern University, Austin Peay State University, and Navy.

Calling a kid a "reach" before he's even done with his Jr. Year of high school. Lol.

Scout shows 3 others.

Calling a kid a "reach" before he's even done with his Jr. Year of high school. Lol.

This kid isn't tucked away in Montana where college coaches don't get to watch him. He's in Tennessee.

So, unless Mike Riley has noticed something in this kid that coaches from the SEC and ACC haven't noticed, he's a reach.

• Fire 1

He is only a Jr., so it's too early to pass judgment.

No it's not. You just revise your judgment with the addition of new information, but right now, this kid doesn't show any reason to warrant a Nebraska offer.

Did you watch his film or were you just basing that off a kid that has not been evaluated by the services?

No it's not. You just revise your judgment with the addition of new information, but right now, this kid doesn't show any reason to warrant a Nebraska offer.

Did you watch his film or were you just basing that off a kid that has not been evaluated by the services?

I watched a little. Look, we don't live in some magic fairy vortex - if we found him without him being evaluated, then other schools that aren't middle directional state tech university have found him too, and decided not to offer.

I watched a little. Look, we don't live in some magic fairy vortex - if we found him without him being evaluated, then other schools that aren't middle directional state tech university have found him too, and decided not to offer.

Not necessarily. Our past staff was actually very good at going out and finding the guy who others hadn't found. THEN, those big schools would follow along and offer many times getting the guy. Sometimes we got them.

• Fire 1

Not necessarily. Our past staff was actually very good at going out and finding the guy who others hadn't found. THEN, those big schools would follow along and offer many times getting the guy. Sometimes we got them.

It's possible. And hopefully we are looking hard enough to find them. But it is extremely unlikely that it will happen as often as the offers that have been going out recently.

Scout shows 3 others.

This kid isn't tucked away in Montana where college coaches don't get to watch him. He's in Tennessee.

So, unless Mike Riley has noticed something in this kid that coaches from the SEC and ACC haven't noticed, he's a reach.

Chill. There are numerous guys we offer every year that at the time of the offer have little to no BCS caliber offers and end up with "big" schools after them. Jason Hall and Trai Mosely off the top of my head Maybe Deon Jones. And I think Stanton only had 1 or 2 BCS offers when we jumped on him and he ended up a 4 star. All four of those guys are not "tucked away in Montana".

• Fire 1

Scout shows 3 others.

Chill. There are numerous guys we offer every year that at the time of the offer have little to no BCS caliber offers and end up with "big" schools after them. Jason Hall and Trai Mosely off the top of my head Maybe Deon Jones. And I think Stanton only had 1 or 2 BCS offers when we jumped on him and he ended up a 4 star. All four of those guys are not "tucked away in Montana".

We do offer numerous guys every year that have little to no BCS caliber offers, most of them jump when the local school offers. Like Jason Hall and Deon Jones.

We also haven't won a conference championship or played in a meaningful game in 15 years.

Landlord hit it perfectly earlier. Look, recruiting rankings aren't a guarantee. Ask recent Michigan, Florida, or Texas teams. But very few teams are successful without stringing together multiple top 20-15 recruiting classes. Nebraska is not keeping pace to finish that high and will likely finish in the 30s for the 3rd straight year.

It's not a guarantee, but it's a borderline requirement.