LB Nehemiah Augustus [Memphis - Signed LOI]

Some of these guys have the craziest names. Old Testament meets Rome, or something. Another 3* 'wonder' with offers from the likes of LA Tech. Whatevs...

Go watch his film. It's some of the best I've seen. He'll start getting more offers now.

Some of these guys have the craziest names. Old Testament meets Rome, or something. Another 3* 'wonder' with offers from the likes of LA Tech. Whatevs...

Go watch his film. It's some of the best I've seen. He'll start getting more offers now.

Well, a 3 star recruit usually looks like a man among boys in most h.s. 'film'. Hard to tell, in other words. When other big boy schools go after a player, then I take notice. Yeah, this guy might be good, but we've been making a living on a roster top heavy with these 3* type of guys and it hasn't gotten us over the hump, nor will it.

It's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmies and Joes...

Barry Switzer

Well, a 3 star recruit usually looks like a man among boys in most h.s. 'film'. Hard to tell, in other words. When other big boy schools go after a player, then I take notice. Yeah, this guy might be good, but we've been making a living on a roster top heavy with these 3* type of guys and it hasn't gotten us over the hump, nor will it.

Barry Switzer

I don't know what fillm you've been watching, but you should start passing it on to Mike Riley if that's the case.

I hear "Man among boys" in reference to high 4 star and 5 star players regularly, though. And I'd assume you're saying this recruit looks like a man among boys, correct?

Barry Switzer

I don't know what fillm you've been watching, but you should start passing it on to Mike Riley if that's the case.

I hear "Man among boys" in reference to high 4 star and 5 star players regularly, though. And I'd assume you're saying this recruit looks like a man among boys, correct?

Alotta guys look good on their h.s. film, is all I'm saying. In many areas of the country, like, say Omaha, or KC, any guy that is 3* will look great because about everybody else on the field isn't even a 2* level player. Hence, 'man among boys'.

Just can't get too excited when I see an offer list comprised of MAC level schools. Riley and Co. have 2 verbals to date, despite having a ton of offers out there. Pretty slow start, if you ask me.

But, bottom line, I'll repeat, we're not going to get it done with the 3* level recruiting classes year after year. Like most things, you get what you 'pay for'.

Barry Switzer

Alotta guys look good on their h.s. film, is all I'm saying. In many areas of the country, like, say Omaha, or KC, any guy that is 3* will look great because about everybody else on the field isn't even a 2* level player. Hence, 'man among boys'.

Just can't get too excited when I see an offer list comprised of MAC level schools. Riley and Co. have 2 verbals to date, despite having a ton of offers out there. Pretty slow start, if you ask me.

But, bottom line, I'll repeat, we're not going to get it done with the 3* level recruiting classes year after year. Like most things, you get what you 'pay for'.

And then you compared Omaha football to Louisiana football..

• Fire 3

Barry Switzer

It's also about properly developing the "Jimmies and Joes" and having a scheme that the players can work within. We actually have that now, or at least something a lot closer to that than what we had with Pelini and his staff. I have a lot more faith in Riley's staff being able to get the most out of 3* players than I had in Pelini's the past few years.

Barry Switzer

It's also about properly developing the "Jimmies and Joes" and having a scheme that the players can work within. We actually have that now, or at least something a lot closer to that than what we had with Pelini and his staff. I have a lot more faith in Riley's staff being able to get the most out of 3* players than I had in Pelini's the past few years.

Yeah. I would hate to see what Riley's record at Oregon St would have been if he wasn't a genius at developing players.